Viatris Inc (VTRS) Announces Launch of Breyna Inhalation Aerosol
- S&P 500 wobbles to lower close on mixed Fed messages, strong GDP data
- Economic outlook deteriorates as growth, inflation slows: Fed's Beige Book
- Cigna, Humana explore healthcare megamerger - WSJ
- Stocks will be hostage to earnings delivery in 2024 rather than yields - JPMorgan
- General Motors (GM) surges on $10 billion buyback plan, increased dividend
Viatris Inc. (NASDAQ: VTRS), a global healthcare company, and Kindeva Drug Delivery L.P. today announced the launch of Breyna™ (budesonide and formoterol fumarate dihydrate) Inhalation Aerosol, the first generic version of AstraZeneca's Symbicort® with an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Breyna, a drug-device combination product, is indicated for certain patients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and will be immediately available in both 80 mcg/4.5 mcg and 160 mcg/4.5 mcg dosage strengths.
Viatris Head of North America
The indications for Breyna include asthma in patients six years of age and older, and the maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction and reducing exacerbations in patients with COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema. Breyna is not indicated for the relief of acute bronchospasm. The 160 mcg/4.5 mcg is the only strength indicated for the treatment of COPD. COPD is a term used to describe a certain kind of chronic lung disease and is characterized by breathlessness; it affects more than 16 million Americans. Asthma causes swelling of the airways resulting in difficulty breathing, and approximately 25 million Americans have the chronic condition.
To further expand access to Breyna, Viatris has established a copay program offered for eligible commercially-insured patients, which may help reduce out-of-pocket expenses on prescriptions to as little as $20 per 30-day supply. The program offers
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FDA Cautions Public of Safety Issue with Philips' (PHG) DreamStation 2 CPAP Machines
- Pasithea Therapeutics (KTTA) Announces Outcome of Pre-IND Meeting with FDA for PAS-004 Clinical Development
- Entera Bio (ENTX) Reports Interim Results from Ongoing Clinical Study Confirm EB613 Optimized Profile for Osteoporosis Treatment and Potential for Entera’s Next Generation Oral Peptide Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesTwitter, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!