UPDATE: OPEC+ is Poised to Cool Down Oil Market with Extra Production - Bloomberg
- Futures rise on solid corporate results, jobless claims data awaited
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- Dell (DELL) Gains on Spin-Off of its 81% Stake in VMware (VMW), Analysts Bulled-Up as It Could Unlock $20 Per Share of Value for DELL
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys 750K Shares of Coinbase (COIN), Sells 240K Shares of Tesla (TSLA)
- Bank of America (BAC) Gains as Earnings Beat Estimates on Strong Investment Banking Results, Announces $25 Billion Buyback Plan
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - March 2, 2021 2:12 PM EST)
OPEC+ is poised to agree to a production increase this week as it seeks to cool a rapid rally in crude prices, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the deliberations.
There is a widespread view within the group that the market can absorb additional barrels, and while the usual differences are present, all sides are ready to increase production.
That could put the group on track to implement the majority of the 1.5 million barrel-a-day output increase that's up for debate on Thursday, the report said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Crude Inventory Data Shows Decline of 5.9 Million Barrels Last Week
- OPEC Predicts Recovering Oil Market Will Absorb Its Extra Supply - Bloomberg
- Dell Technologies (DELL) said to explore sale of Boomi cloud business - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, OPEC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!