Workers at Egale Vote to Join CUPE
- Dow hits milestone, S&P breaks record high on tech rally
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- U.S. retail sales post largest gain in 10 months; weekly jobless claims fall
- The Stock Market is Almost 'Completely Broken' - Einhorn
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Workers at Egale Canada Human Rights Trust, the country’s leading LGBTQI2S rights organization voted today to join the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE).
“Advocacy work can be all-consuming, so it’s important that workers have a team that advocates for them as well. Today, workers at Egale who give so much of themselves to advancing LGBTQI2S rights voted to give themselves that support by joining CUPE,” said Kristy Davidson, a CUPE national representative who has been working with the group.
CUPE has a long and proud history of advocating for human rights. Through collective bargaining and legal action, CUPE and its staff triggered changes at the federal level that now provide same-sex spousal benefits. The union also supported a human rights case that led to gender reassignment surgery being restored to Ontario’s provincial health insurance. And CUPE has partnered with Egale and researchers at Carleton University in Ottawa on a study focused on improving safety and accessibility of services for LGBTQI2S seniors.
“We’re thrilled to welcome these workers who want to improve their workplace and contribute to the future of Egale, and know their dedication and voices will also strengthen our union,” said Davidson.
CUPE is Canada’s largest union, with more than 700,000 members in every province and territory, working in healthcare, municipalities, social services, universities, K-12 schools, airlines, media, and communications.
Craig Saunders, CUPE Communications, 416-576-7316, email@example.com
Source: Canadian Union of Public Employees
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CORRECTING AND REPLACING: Pershing Square Holdings, Ltd.: Notification and Public Disclosure of Transactions
- ThreeD Capital Inc. Announces Unaudited March 31, 2021 Net Asset Value Per Share - $1.25
- Buenaventura Announces First Quarter 2021 Production and Volume Sold Per Metal Results