Windstream Wholesale named Connectivity Innovator of the Year by Datacloud Global Awards
- Futures rise ahead of weekly jobless claims data
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises on Mideast tensions but virus concerns weigh
- Roku (ROKU) Falls Sharply on Significant Slowdown in Streaming Views, Analysts Divided
- Dollar holds gains after Fed comments, sterling ticks up after BoE
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Windstream Wholesale, a leading provider of advanced optical solutions, has received the Connectivity Innovator of the Year Award 2021 from Datacloud Global Awards. Datacloud Global Awards celebrates outstanding achievements across the data center, cloud and edge sectors.
“Windstream Wholesale is honored to be chosen the Connectivity Innovator of the Year by Datacloud Global Awards,” said Buddy Bayer, chief network officer for Windstream. “Our teams, from engineering to sales, pushed hard in 2020 and 2021 to set a number of records in optical transmission that are now driving our industry toward new standards. Innovation is exciting and central to what we do, and we remain committed to meeting customers’ expanding need for high-capacity bandwidth in the most efficient manner for years to come.”
Five key services highlighted Windstream’s recent advances:
- Windstream was one of the first carriers to install and operate a commercial 400GbE wavelength service;
- Windstream set an industry record and achieved 800 gigabits per second single-wavelength transmission over 730 kilometers (km) across Windstream’s long-haul network between San Diego and Phoenix;
- Windstream set a record using Coherent Pluggable technologies for long-haul (1,000 km) routes over a real-world network;
- Windstream and Colt successfully conducted intercompany beta trials using landline spectrum services, and
- Windstream introduced the concept Layer Zero Analytics for network operators.
“Windstream will continue to be an early adopter of coherent optical technologies to drive efficient growth and scale of our network and services for our customers,” Bayer said.
Datacloud is the global conference managed by BroadGroup, a division of Euromoney. BroadGroup is the leading company servicing market intelligence, networking, and sector coverage for data center, cloud, edge and the entire global IT infrastructure ecosystem, encompassing everything from technological developments to M&A and beyond.
This year, there were approximately 150 submissions across 15 Datacloud Global Awards categories.
To view the Windstream network map, visit https://www.windstreamenterprise.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/national-network-map.pdf.
In addition to Wavelengths, Ethernet Solutions, and Dedicated Internet Access, Windstream Enterprise and Wholesale offers a range of complementary network and communications solutions to wholesale and resale customers, including SD-WAN Wholesale, proprietary OfficeSuite White Label, and Cloud SIP and PRI, that are collectively designed to help wholesale customers increase productivity, improve ROI, and win. More at windstreamwholesale.com
Windstream Holdings is a privately held communications and software company. Windstream offers managed communications services, including SD-WAN and UCaaS, and high-capacity bandwidth and transport services to businesses across the U.S. The company also provides premium broadband, entertainment and security services through an enhanced fiber network and 5G fixed wireless service to consumers and small and midsize businesses primarily in rural areas in 18 states. Additional information is available at windstream.com or windstreamenterprise.com. Follow us on Twitter at @Windstream.
Scott Morris, 501-748-5342
Source: Windstream Holdings
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 70% Increase in Fraudulent Account Registrations Puts Digital Accounts in the Crosshairs, Arkose Labs Reports
- ArcWest Partner Wedgemount Resources Reports Initial Assay Results from Eagle Exploration Program: Samples up to 9.86 % Copper and 2.5 grams/tonne Gold
- Trulieve Introduces New Brand Portfolio Designed to Serve Consumers in Adult-Use and Medical Markets
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesTwitter, ARK
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!