W. R. Berkley Corporation Names David Brosnan Chief Executive Officer of W. R. Berkley Syndicate Management Limited
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
GREENWICH, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today announced the appointment of David Brosnan as chief executive officer of W. R. Berkley Syndicate Management Limited, the Lloyd’s managing agent for W. R. Berkley Syndicate 1967. He succeeds Alastair Blades, who will continue in his role as chief underwriting officer. The appointment is subject to required regulatory approvals, including Lloyd’s.
Mr. Brosnan has 35 years of insurance industry experience, having served in various executive leadership roles at a number of global insurance organizations. He most recently served as chief executive officer of the international division of a leading U.S. insurer in London. Mr. Brosnan holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Mr. Blades, who has nearly 35 years of experience in the insurance industry, joined Berkley in 2009 to lead the underwriting strategy for the newly formed W. R Berkley Syndicate 1967. He successfully led the team at W / R / B Underwriting through the transition from a London Market insurer with a Lloyd’s presence to a Lloyd’s centric business that was well positioned for Brexit.
In announcing the appointment, W. Robert Berkley, Jr., president and chief executive officer, said: "We are delighted to welcome David to Berkley with his demonstrated leadership, superb market reputation and extensive management experience. Alastair has provided pivotal leadership in developing our integrated Lloyd’s platform. The decoupling of the chief executive officer and chief underwriting officer roles provides each of David and Alastair the opportunity for even greater focus that will enable the W / R / B Underwriting team to maximize its capabilities and expansion opportunities in this improving market."
Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates worldwide in two segments of the property casualty insurance business: Insurance and Reinsurance & Monoline Excess. For further information about W. R. Berkley Corporation, please visit www.berkley.com.
Karen A. Horvath
Vice President – External
Source: W. R. Berkley Corporation
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IsZo Capital Announces That ISS and Glass Lewis Recommend Nam Tai Shareholders Vote for Boardroom Change on its GREEN Proxy Card
- BeiGene Presents Clinical Data on Sitravatinib in Combination with Tislelizumab at the AACR Annual Meeting 2021
- Alnylam Presents Positive Late-Breaking Data from Ongoing Phase 1 Study of ALN-AGT, an Investigational RNAi Therapeutic for the Treatment of Hypertension