University of Nottingham Ningbo China Social Sciences and Engineering Rank Among Best in World
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NINGBO, China--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The research field of Social Sciences (General) at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) ranks internationally in the top 1% in terms of quality, according to the latest statistical data of Essential Science Indicators (ESI) released by Clarivate. Following engineering, this is UNNC’s second discipline that has entered the ESI top 1% globally.
The engineering discipline at UNNC has made its way to the top 0.5%. According to data from Clarivate, the papers that UNNC researchers have published in the field of engineering have average citations per paper of 13.51, higher than the world average of 10.17, with over half published in the world top 10% journals, 73% on top 25% journals, equivalent to the level of world-class universities.
As one of the 64 Chinese universities, UNNC entered the ESI’s world top 1% in the discipline of Social Sciences (General). It refers to the overall scientific research achievements of all social science disciplines in a university, covering a wide range of subjects including management, humanities and social sciences, amongst others.
Under the category of Social Sciences (General), UNNC has published 230 papers, with average citations per paper of 7.67. Among them, a paper on China’s sponge city programme written by Dr Faith Chan et al was the most frequently cited. Professor Martin Liu’s study on digital innovation, Dr Yangyang Jiang’s research on the effects of COVID-19 on hotel marketing and management, and Dr Balaji Makam’s study on travellers' propensity to choose green hotels were all listed among “Top Papers”.
In addition, many of the ESI Top Papers are from the research of UNNC doctoral students, which indicates the quality of doctoral education at UNNC.
University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Source: University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla Announces Updates to 2021 Annual Meeting of Stockholders
- IBM Financial Exec. Validates Planet Wealth
- Sycamore Entertainment Group Inc. Completes Audit of Financial Statements
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!