Thomas Announces New Buy America Act (BAA) Support Program for Manufacturing Extension Partnerships (MEPs)
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Thomasnet.com® enables states to fulfill domestic sourcing needs, including COVID related supplies
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Thomas, the leader in product sourcing, supplier selection, and marketing solutions for industry, today announced its new Buy America Act Support Program for Manufacturing Extension Partnerships (MEPs) to help connect state agencies with domestic suppliers of goods and services.
“As the largest and most active network of North American industrial buyers and suppliers, we have a unique opportunity to help propel industry forward at this pivotal time,” said Tony Uphoff, Thomas president and CEO. “We are proud to highlight this new BAA Support Program to help rebuild supply chains, provide more opportunities to American manufacturers, and to supply the data that will accelerate reshoring.”
Specifically, the Thomas Buy American Act Support Program entails:
- Thomasnet.com® Free Registration: Thomas will provide free registration for MEPs to access the Thomasnet.com sourcing platform of more than 550,000 North American suppliers in over 70,000 product and services categories. The structured data on Thomas’ platform allows buyers and engineers to source suppliers by product, service, location, certifications, firmographic data, and more. This data will allow MEPs to expedite the identification of manufacturers in their regions that qualify for BAA.
- Buy America Act (BAA) Designation for Suppliers in Your Geography/District: Thomas will add manufacturers of each MEPs community to its digital database, qualification, and categorization system for free. In addition, Thomas will add a Buy America Act (BAA), Berry Amendment, or Made in the USA designation to qualified suppliers to make them more easily identifiable for buyers seeking American manufacturers.
- Custom Thomas Data: Thomas can create a customized data resource specifically designed to serve the needs of local MEPs to further enhance their sourcing engagements for their community.
This new program is an extension of Thomas’ efforts to help bolster American manufacturing of PPE, medical equipment, and services. The program aims to address critical vaccine-related needs, as the entire country depends on continued mobilization of the American manufacturing industry to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each month over 1.5 million users leverage the Thomasnet.com platform to source suppliers and build their supply chains. Since March 2020, Thomas has spearheaded industry efforts for PPE and vaccine-related production by creating the Thomas COVID-19 Response Suppliers section of the platform - helping millions of medical professionals and businesses stay safe during this difficult time.
Interested organizations can sign up for the Thomas Buy American Act Support Program here.
Thomas provides actionable information, data, analysis, and tools that align with and support today's industrial buying process. Its solutions include the Thomas Network at Thomasnet.com®, industry's largest and most active buyer/supplier network. Through Thomas Marketing Services, the company provides full-service industrial marketing programs and website development. Thomas Product Data Solutions helps manufacturers connect with design engineers through advanced CAD/BIM and data syndication services. Thomas Industrial Data supplies sourcing and supply chain trend data to media, investors, analysts, and researchers to provide market insight and inform decision making. Thomas WebTrax® provides opportunity intelligence on in-market buyers to help marketing and sales teams track, identify and engage high-value prospects. Thomas Insights delivers original content to help marketers and supply chain professionals inform their decision-making, through leading titles including Inbound Logistics®, Thomas Industry Update, Industrial Equipment News® (IEN®), and the Thomas Index™.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Greenwich LifeSciences Presents Immune Response Phase IIb Poster, Published Today at AACR 2021, Showing Peak Immunity after 6 Months of GP2 Treatment, Resulting in 100% Disease Free Survival from Recu
- Pieris Pharmaceuticals Presents Updated Phase 1 Monotherapy Data for 4-1BB/HER2 Bispecific Cinrebafusp Alfa and Preclinical Data for 4-1BB/PD-L1 Bispecific PRS-344/S095012 at 2021 AACR Annual Meeting
- BitMart Exchange Partners with MoonPay to Advance Fiat-to-Crypto Transaction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!