The Henry Ohlhoff House to Honor Mark Fratkin for 25 Years of Service to Men in Recovery
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
- Mark Fratkin is an Ohlhoff House recovery success story
- After turning his life around, Mark Fratkin found success with Greenspan Adjusters
- Fratkin has shown an unwavering dedication and commitment to helping others
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Henry Ohlhoff House is pleased to honor Mark Fratkin for his 25 years of dedication to helping others on their journey in recovery.
Located in a Queen Anne-Victorian mansion, The Ohlhoff House has helped men and women in the San Francisco area recover from addiction since 1958.
Mark Fratkin first came to Ohlhoff as a client in 1991, following a downward spiral of destructive life choices fueled by a many-years struggle with substance abuse. After alienating himself from his family and losing his business - the only profession he truly loved - public adjusting – Fratkin hit his bottom.
Finally recognizing the severity of his disease, Mark Fratkin chose to enter recovery. He chose Ohlhoff House’s social role model men’s working program, where he achieved the sobriety and clarity he needed to turn his life around. Later, in fulfillment of community service requirements, Mark Fratkin became a volunteer in the Ohlhoff Exit Group, working with men in their transition from the recovery home into the community. When the counselor he was working with moved on, Mark Fratkin took over as facilitator, beginning his over two-decade long run of service to others in the recovery community.
“Nothing gives me greater pleasure than to give this award to Mark Fratkin, who has given of himself and his time every single week for the last 25 years,” said Arlene Stanich-Prince, Executive Director of Ohlhoff House. “He has helped countless men in their battles with issues of recovery and he brings his passion into our organization. And for that he deserves to be recognized.”
As a result of working the 12-step recovery process with The Ohlhoff House’s guidance, Fratkin made his amends, paid his restitution and continued to give back to the community. A few years following his stay at The Ohlhoff House, he was ready to restart his career. He wanted to go back into the public adjusting industry, which his family has dedicated their lives to for generations and was extended an offer by the Greenspan Co./Adjusters International to work in an auxiliary/administrative role.
“We knew of Mark’s past and the challenges he overcame, but we also knew that he was one of the most passionate individuals we’d ever come across in the public adjustment industry,” said Gordon Scott, President of Greenspan Adjusters. “Over the last 25 years Mark Fratkin has been an exemplary employee. His accomplishments in both the recovery community as well as in our organization are testimony to the choice we made to give him a second chance so many years ago and we are proud of everything he has done. We will be making an annual donation in his honor.”
Shortly after he joined Greenspan Adjusters International, Mark Fratkin was posted to Los Angeles. One condition of his employment was that Greenspan Adjusters allow Fratkin to fly to San Francisco every Wednesday night so he could lead his group at Ohlhoff House.
“I’ve been given the chance to rebuild my life and my career, my family and my friendships, because of the help I received at Ohlhoff House, which is why I will stop at nothing to help the organization help others,” Mark Fratkin said. “I am grateful and hope my life can be an inspiration for others who need a second chance.”
Source: The Henry Ohlhoff House
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Greenwich LifeSciences Presents Immune Response Phase IIb Poster, Published Today at AACR 2021, Showing Peak Immunity after 6 Months of GP2 Treatment, Resulting in 100% Disease Free Survival from Recu
- C4 Therapeutics Presents Preclinical Data on CFT7455, a Novel IKZF1/3 Degrader for the Treatment of Hematologic Malignancies, at the AACR Annual Meeting 2021
- Pieris Pharmaceuticals Presents Updated Phase 1 Monotherapy Data for 4-1BB/HER2 Bispecific Cinrebafusp Alfa and Preclinical Data for 4-1BB/PD-L1 Bispecific PRS-344/S095012 at 2021 AACR Annual Meeting