Sysdig Announces Drift Control to Prevent Container Attacks at Runtime
- Wall Street ends down sharply, hit by Apple and China worries
- Morgan Stanley's Tesla (TSLA) Twitter survey shows investors are concerned
- Apple (AAPL) threatened to withhold Twitter from App Store says Musk
- Black Friday frenzy generates record $9.1 billion in online sales - report
- Dollar rebounds on Fed expectations, Aussie drops
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The company also partners with Proofpoint to block malware and cryptomining threats
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Sysdig, the unified container and cloud security leader, announced Drift Control to prevent container attacks at runtime. Teams can detect, prevent, and speed incident response for containers that were modified in production, also known as container drift. Additionally, Sysdig enhanced malware and cryptomining detection with new threat intelligence feeds from Proofpoint Emerging Threats (ET) Intelligence and the Sysdig Threat Research Team. To be successful in the cloud, teams need a single view of risk with no blind spots, which includes having prevention that flags and blocks container drift.
New critical vulnerabilities uncovered, including Log4j and Spring4Shell, are a reminder that threat detection is critical both in the cloud and data center. This detection needs to provide multiple layers of protection. Sysdig, using the Falco open source project, the de facto standard for cloud-native threat detection, covers all of the common system intrusion attack categories identified in Verizon’s 2022 Data Breach Investigation Report.
With this announcement, Sysdig adds additional layers of detections. The first uses enhanced malware and cryptomining detection with the Proofpoint threat feeds for known and emerging threats. Drift Control, the second additional technique, enforces the immutability principle, providing a preventative defense layer to cloud-native workloads. Container immutability ensures that container software is not modified during its lifetime, preserving consistency from source to run and preventing actions that could be part of an attack.
Given the dynamic nature of cloud-native environments and legacy practices carrying over to cloud environments, teams often neglect immutability best practices and are blind to drift, especially at scale. To close the dangerous security gaps created by container drift, Sysdig provides Drift Control to automatically flag and deny deviations from the trusted original container.
- Detect and prevent container drift with Drift Control: With Sysdig, teams can prevent common runtime attacks by dynamically blocking executables that were not in the original container. Sysdig helps customers follow security best practices of immutability and ensure containers aren’t modified after deployment in production.
- Enhance detection with the latest threat intelligence feeds: Sysdig Secure has added threat intelligence feeds from Proofpoint Emerging Threats (ET) Intelligence and the Sysdig Threat Research Team. With these feeds, teams can rely on the most timely and accurate threat information, including malicious IPs and domains, to better protect their environments against threats such as Command & Control (C2), malware, backdoors, crytominers, and anonymization.
- Speed incident response and mitigation with Rapid Response: In addition to the new prevention and detection capabilities powered by Drift Control and threat intelligence feeds, teams can then use Sysdig Secure to dig directly into the compromised or suspicious container with on-demand secured shell access and investigate the blocked executable and detected malicious communications. Teams can minimize exposure by removing the malicious file locally from the command line. Sysdig keeps a detailed audit trail of all mitigation commands and can upload session history to a user-defined external storage.
“When there is an attack every 11 seconds, it is important to have multiple layers of defense,” said Omer Azaria, Vice President of Research and Development at Sysdig. “Sysdig’s new Drift Control capability enforces best practices that can stop an attack before damage is done.”
Sysdig Secure customers have access to Drift Control and new threat feeds now and for new customers, it is included in Sysdig Secure at no additional cost.
- Read: 5 Reasons Why Sysdig Partners with Proofpoint to Enhance Cloud Security.
- Read: Preventing Container Runtime Attacks with Sysdig's Drift Control.
- Learn more about Sysdig Secure.
Sysdig is driving the standard for cloud and container security. The company pioneered cloud-native runtime threat detection and response by creating Falco and Sysdig as open source standards and key building blocks of the Sysdig platform. With the platform, teams can find and prioritize software vulnerabilities, detect and respond to threats, and manage cloud configurations, permissions, and compliance. From containers and Kubernetes to cloud services, teams get a single view of risk from source to run, with no blind spots, no guesswork, no black boxes. The largest and most innovative companies around the world rely on Sysdig.
Amanda McKinney Smith
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- The Access Group Reports 43% Increase in Pro Forma Revenue During a Year of Rising Profits, Strong Organic Growth and Acquisitions
- Woodside Energy Group Ltd Announces 2023 full-year guidance
- AstraZeneca to Acquire Neogene Therapeutics, Accelerating Ambition in Oncology Cell Therapy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!