Surrey K-12 School-Based Staff to Begin Receiving Vaccines
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SURREY, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- CUPE 728 members who are K-12 school-based support staff in Surrey will begin receiving vaccines in the next few days.
“This pandemic has been particularly stressful for K-12 workers throughout the system, and I thank all of them for the incredible work they’re doing every day to keep our schools open and safe,” says CUPE BC President Paul Faoro.
On Monday Dr. Bonnie Henry said that there is not enough vaccine to do everyone in the school system right now, so priority will be given where the risk is the greatest. Fraser Health and SD#36 are developing a vaccination plan for school-based staff.
“We are pleased that some of the K-12 school-based support staff in Surrey schools will be receiving vaccines,” said CUPE 728 President Tammy Murphy. “As more vaccines become available, it is our hope that all support staff receive their vaccines as soon as possible.”
Faoro says that dedicating any additional vaccine capacity to address potential high-risk worksites makes sense as B.C. continues to follow the guidance of the BC Centre for Disease Control.
Tammy Murphy, CUPE 728 President: (604) 576-2873
Janet Szliske, CUPE National Communications Representative: (604) 454-7293
Source: Canadian Union of Public Employees
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Columbia Care Launches First of Its Kind Medical Cannabis Capsule in UK; Provides More Precise Dosing Option and Longer Lasting Therapeutic Benefits for Physicians and Patients
- Peter Windisch Appointed Chief Technology Officer at Excelya
- Main indicators