SmartBear Releases Results of 2021 State of Software Quality | API Survey
- S&P 500, Dow close at new highs as Facebook starts heavy earnings week
- Facebook (FB) Stock Jumps With Guidance Not As Bad as Feared
- Tesla (TSLA) Joins Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Google in Trillion Dollar Club
- PayPal (PYPL) Stock Soars Over 6% on Confirmation It Won't Acquire Pinterest (PINS) 'At This Time'; PINS Stock Down 11%
- Biggest Single EV Purchase Ever: Tesla (TSLA) Stock Soars as Hertz Orders 100,000 EVs in $4.2 Billion Deal, Analyst Bulled-up
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Findings show that developers continue to take on more responsibility around API testing and face increasing challenges around accelerated release cadence expectations
SOMERVILLE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SmartBear, a leading provider of software development and quality tools, has released the results of its annual State of Software Quality | API survey. First published in 2016, SmartBear has continuously surveyed the API community to identify industry benchmarks regarding the trends, best practices, methodologies, and tools used by software teams to manage the API lifecycle.
With responses from over 1,600 API professionals from more than 17 different industries globally, this year’s findings show that new API standards continue to emerge to meet new challenges. The majority of API practitioners operate in this new multi-protocol landscape contributing to more complex architectures, increasing the need for tooling that drives standardization and ease of use.
“As organizations adopt new API technology, having a view into what others are doing helps our customers understand the market and adoption trends,” said Joanna Schloss, Senior Vice President of Product Marketing at SmartBear. “Overall, we see new specifications coming to the market faster than existing ones will disappear, adding more complexity into the API environment. The need for tooling to meet teams where they are, agnostic of protocols and specifications, is becoming imperative in today’s market.”
Key insights of the State of Software Quality | API survey include:
- A majority of API practitioners operate in a multi-protocol landscape. Of those surveyed, 57% state they use three or more protocols within their organizations.
- Developers are increasingly involved in testing and are taking on more testing responsibilities with close to 60% reporting they are directly involved in API testing.
- “Ease of use” was reported as being the top factor driving API tool choice along with the most important characteristic consumers need in an API.
- The biggest obstacles to ensuring consistent quality of APIs as well as API documentation are “increasing demands for speed of delivery” and “limited time due to workload.”
SmartBear API experts will discuss key findings and more from the survey in a live webinar on Tuesday, October 5, 2021. Register here:
The 2021 State of Software Quality | API survey is available at:
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your DevOps processes while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, Bugsnag, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, app stability and error monitoring, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 16 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carter’s, Inc. to Report Third Quarter Fiscal 2021 Results on Friday, October 29, 2021
- Levi Strauss & Co. Announces Management Changes
- DMS CMO Kathy Bryan Receives Tim Burke Pioneer Award From Consumer Consent Council
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!