Skyhook to Provide Enhanced Location Services for Microsoft Products and Services
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Skyhook Precision Location services will be used to improve the delivery of location information for Microsoft Products and Services
BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Skyhook announces that it has entered into a strategic collaboration agreement with Microsoft. Under the agreement, Skyhook’s Precision Location solutions will now be utilized by Microsoft to augment and improve the delivery of geolocation services to Microsoft products and services.
Skyhook offers a global hybrid positioning service called the Precision Location solution that combines Wi-Fi, cell, GPS, IP address and other location information to provide accurate, available and efficient location positioning services around the world.
The deal enables Microsoft to use Skyhook’s solution to provide customers with accurate and user-controlled location-based experiences in Microsoft products and services. Leveraging Skyhook’s Precision Location services will provide Microsoft with network-based Wi-Fi and Cellular positioning.
“Skyhook’s Precision Location solution is a leading independent positioning service,” said Craig Waggy, CEO, Skyhook. “We are proud to support Microsoft through the delivery of superior location services.”
“We are continuously improving our user experiences,” said Kristian Andaker, vice president of program management for CSX Services and Fundamentals at Microsoft. “Adding Skyhook as a partner will enhance Microsoft’s location-based products and services.”
Skyhook is the worldwide independent leader in location technology, operating the world's largest independent location network, consisting of 5.1 billion geolocated Wi-Fi hotspots, 200 million cell towers, and 20 million actionable venues. Skyhook processes tens of billions of location transactions, serving devices, apps, wearables, brands and advertising platforms with precise and accurate location data and intelligence. Skyhook, through its parent company Skyhook Holding, Inc., operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Broadband Corporation. To learn more visit www.skyhook.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NielsenIQ and J.D. Power Enter Strategic Alliance to Bring Unparalleled Automotive Research to Major Growth Markets
- Transcenta Announced Successful First Patient Dosed in Phase I Clinical Study of TST001 Combined with CAPOX for the Treatment of Patients with First-line Locally Advanced Unresectable or Metastatic Ga
- Sirnaomics Initiates Phase 2 Study Using STP705 for Keloid Scar Prevention