PVH Corp. Releases 2022 Corporate Responsibility Report
- S&P 500 and Nasdaq notch highest closes since early 2022
- U.S. economy adds 199,000 jobs in November
- Fed should 'lowball' rate cuts expectations next week says analyst after strong jobs data
- Bernstein's best idea for 2024? Short Tesla stock
- Analysts defend Broadcom as annual guidance falls short after FQ4 earnings beat
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- PVH Corp. (NYSE: PVH) today released its 2022 Corporate Responsibility report that highlights an evolution of the Forward Fashion strategy to focus on three areas – accelerate climate action, advance human rights, and champion inclusion and diversity – underpinned by the Company’s existing time-bound commitments.
PVH’s long-term Forward Fashion corporate responsibility strategy plays an increasingly important role as part of its PVH+ Plan and the vision to build Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER into the most desirable lifestyle brands in the world and make PVH one of the highest performing brand groups in the apparel sector.
“We’re encouraged by the progress we’ve made in 2022 to accelerate climate action, advance human rights and champion inclusion and diversity. While we’re proud of the impact we’ve made so far, we are focused on the hard work ahead to deliver on our long-term Forward Fashion strategy,” said Rick Relinger, Chief Sustainability Officer, PVH Corp.
Some notable highlights from the report include:
Accelerate Climate Action
- For the first time, conducted a climate risk scenario analysis and enhanced carbon accounting capabilities
- Derived 60% of the power for owned-and-operated facilities from the use and support of renewable energy
- Partnered with suppliers to set their own greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets and develop action plans to achieve those targets
- Launched PVH’s first sustainable supply chain financing program that provides suppliers with better financing rates based on their sustainability performance
- The PVH Foundation announced a $10 million commitment to the Apparel Impact Institute’s Fashion Climate Fund to enable suppliers’ transition to renewable electricity, improve energy efficiency, eliminate coal in manufacturing, and scale sustainable materials
Advance Human Rights
- Signed the Pakistan Accord that will extend legally binding agreements between fashion brands and global trade unions to improve workplace safety in the fashion industry
- Launched a five-year, $5 million partnership in Bangladesh to provide professional and life skills development programs to 100,000 women, complementing the work in Tunisia, Vietnam, India and Sri Lanka
- Signed the Dindigul Agreement with a local women-led union to eradicate gender-based violence in southern India
Champion Inclusion and Diversity
- Piloted PVH’s first ever global mentorship program for women, racially and ethnically diverse associates and other underrepresented groups to increase retention and development
- Required all people managers to include an I&D leadership goal as part of their performance and development process to create a more inclusive culture
- The PVH Foundation funded programs totaling $1.37 million to address lack of awareness, and access to fashion industry opportunities for underrepresented communities
Click here to read the full report.
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the world’s largest and most admired fashion companies, connecting with consumers in over 40 countries. Our global iconic brands include Calvin Klein and TOMMY HILFIGER. Our 140-year history is built on the strength of our brands, our team and our commitment to drive fashion forward for good. That’s the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
Source: PVH Corp.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Revolutionizing Water Stewardship – The City of Dire Dawa and Nedamco Africa Unveil Cutting-Edge Water Management Platform Initiative at COP28 | December 9th 2023 | COP28UAE Press Center
- Annual Changes to the Nasdaq-100 Index®
- Altima Grants Stock Options
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!