Mitsubishi Electric to Launch ‘CV Series’ of 3D CO2 Laser Processing Systems for Cutting CFRP
- Nasdaq rises after strong Microsoft forecast
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Tops EPS and Revenue Estimates But Shares Dip on YouTube and Cloud Miss, Analysts See Positive Risk/Reward Despite High Expectations
- Oil drops 1% as U.S. stockpiles sap rally
- Microsoft (MSFT) Stock Gains on Strong FQ1 Results and Guidance, Analysts Raise Price Targets on Azure and Windows Outperformance
- Goldman Sachs Expects Coca-Cola (KO) Stock to Outperform Today After Strong Q3 Results
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The world’s first unique orthogonal structure CO2 laser oscillator will facilitate the mass production of CFRP products
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that it will launch on October 18 two new CV Series models of 3D CO2 laser processing systems for cutting carbon fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP), which are lightweight, high strength materials used in automobiles. The new models are equipped with CO2 laser oscillators that integrate the oscillator and amplifier into the same enclosure – a world-first based on the company’s research as of October 14, 2021 – and together with the unique processing head of the CV Series, it helps achieve high-speed and precision processing. This will enable the mass production of CFRP products, so far unavailable using previous processing methods.
In recent years, there have been increased calls in the automobile industry for reductions in CO2 emissions, improved fuel efficiency, and more lightweight materials enabling greater cruising ranges. This is driving the increasing demand for CFRP, which is a relatively new material. On the other hand, CFRP processing using existing technology has had issues such as high operating costs, low productivity and issues with waste treatment. A new processing method was required.
Mitsubishi Electric’s CV Series will overcome these challenges by achieving high productivity and processing quality far superior to existing processing methods helping to facilitate the mass production of CFRP products at a level that was hitherto unachievable. In addition, the new series will help to reduce the environmental burden by such means as a reduction in waste, thereby contributing to the realization of a sustainable society.
For the full text, please visit: www.MitsubishiElectric.com/news/
Industrial Automation Machinery Dept.
Industrial Automation Machinery Marketing Division
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Source: Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dip Lovers Celebrate! ON THE BORDER Chips & Dips Debuts NEW Fun, Flavorful, Restaurant-inspired Dips, and Lightly Salted Café Style Tortilla Chips
- SoCalREN Program Introduces Students to Energy Efficiency
- Neuromod appoints Teri Minard to lead introduction of tinnitus treatment medical device to US Veterans
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!