Men More Romantic Than Women This Valentine’s Day?
- S&P 500, Dow set to ease from record levels; Coca-Cola rises on results
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Fell 20% Off the Highs Over the Weekend as Markets Got 'Too Excited' About Coinbase (COIN), Says Mike Novogratz
- UK to Intervene on National Security Grounds on NVIDIA (NVDA) and Arm Deal
- GameStop (GME) announces George Sherman will be stepping down as CEO
- Dollar slumps to 6-week low, Bitcoin steadies after weekend drop
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UserTesting video-based research shows that men are more excited than women for the upcoming holiday
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The most romantic day of the year is quickly approaching, and despite the pandemic, love is still in the air. A recent study conducted by UserTesting, a leading provider of on-demand human insight, revealed how men and women plan to spend the holiday this year as the pandemic continues.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210210005309/en/
UserTesting Valentine's Day Study (Graphic: Business Wire)
Valentine’s Day at home
The shutdown of most outdoor activities will have an impact on Valentine’s Day plans. In most states, restaurants for example are either closed, offer limited seating options, or only allow takeout. Our research did find that if restaurants, bars, or theatres were to open, only 10 percent of women would choose to go out, compared to 70 percent of men who said they would.
With most couples planning to stay home this year, dinner, movies, gift exchanges, and intimate activities topped the list. For women, the top three activities most popular were: making dinner or ordering takeout (90%), watching movies (90%), and intimate activities (80%). The top three choices selected by men were: making dinner or ordering takeout (80%), gift exchange (80%), and intimate activities (70%).
Who is looking forward to Valentine’s Day?
Men might be more excited about Valentine’s Day than women in 2021. When asked how excited respondents were, ranging from Not Excited to Extremely, 60 percent of women were only somewhat excited. In comparison, 50 percent of men said they were excited or extremely excited about Valentine’s Day. Men appear to be more excited about Valentine’s Day.
Gifts and spending
Buying the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for your partner can be a challenge. Our study found a mix of gifts that women and men would like to receive. Women would prefer to receive chocolates/candies (60%), flowers or plants (60%), and gift cards (30%) over jewelry, clothes, and electronics. While half of the men we spoke to stated they would like to be gifted electronics (50%) over all else.
Men plan to spend more this holiday than women on gifts for their significant other. Majority of women, 60 percent, said they plan to spend $50 or less, while the majority of men said they plan to spend more than $50.
Like it or love it?
Many holidays can seem retail driven, so we wanted to learn who loves Valentine's Day and who doesn’t. Our research found that 40 percent of women and 40 percent of men agreed that it’s just a retail holiday, but choose to celebrate it anyway. It was also revealed that 50 percent of women stated that they “love it” versus 30 percent of men. Finally, 10 percent of women and 30 percent of men admitted they only celebrate it to make their partner happy.
UserTesting customers share how human insights help them build better digital experiences this Valentine's Day:
- “FragranceNet.com has been a User Testing customer for many many years and we continue to utilize the platform to help fuel our conversion rate optimization efforts,” said Daniel Kab, director of business intelligences at FragranceNet.com. UserTesting is a key component of our UI strategy and it takes the guesswork out of understanding our customers and website user experience. It easily and seamlessly provides us with much needed insights into customer behavior in near real-time with no involvement from IT. We look forward to many more successful tests in the years to come!”
- “At Brilliant Earth, we use the UserTesting® platform to ensure we have the best on-going feedback loops from new & existing digital experiences,” said Lisa Perlmutter, VP of E-Commerce. “We know customers’ expectations, especially in the last year, have shifted to a more digital-first shopping experience in jewelry and we need to meet and exceed the new normal. Getting insights out of real people validates or pushes us to make our digital experiences better.”
The survey was conducted between January 16-18 with 10 men and 10 women that participated in the video think aloud survey. The participants were required to be between the ages of 25 and 65, living in the U.S., currently in a relationship and that celebrate Valentine’s Day.
UserTesting enables every organization to deliver the best customer experience powered by human insight. With UserTesting’s on-demand Human Insight Platform, companies across industries make accurate customer-first decisions at every level, at the speed business demands. With UserTesting, product teams, marketers, digital, and customer experience executives, designers and UX researchers confidently and quickly create the right experiences for all target audiences, increasing brand loyalty and revenue. UserTesting customers include more than half of the world’s top brands. UserTesting is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more, visit www.usertesting.com.
Source: UserTesting, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Diabetes Reversal Leader Virta Health Raises $133M Series E to Take Type 2 Diabetes Reversal Mainstream
- Kulicke & Soffa Schedules Second Quarter 2021 Conference Call for 8AM EDT, May 6th, 2021
- International Eco-Conscious Haircare Brand, Rhyme & Reason Encourages Consumers to Join Mission of No New Plastic in Support of World Earth Day
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!