McKesson Launches Rapid Returns Solution for Health Systems
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Powered by PharmaLink, streamlined unsaleable drugs solution enhances profitability for health systems
IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- McKesson Corporation, a global healthcare company, is unveiling McKesson’s Rapid Returns Solution for Health Systems today. The solution helps hospitals and health systems increase the amount of credit received for returned pharmaceuticals and over-the-counter products, expedites credit processing, and simplifies the returns process to enable staff more time for patients. The offering is provided through PharmaLink, a national pharmaceutical reverse logistics and disposal provider. Pharmacy leaders can also take advantage of a complimentary assessment to help evaluate the maturity of their current unsaleable returns program. The evaluation provides a maturity score and insights for hospitals as they aim to simplify the returns process.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210916005627/en/
Expect more for your health system. Achieve more with McKesson’s Rapid Returns Solution. (Photo: Business Wire)
Advancing the industry
“We have successfully implemented unsaleable returns programs for retail pharmacies for more than a decade. We are pleased to extend this best-in-class program to our health system customers, creating value and optimizing performance,” said David Evangelista, senior vice president and general manager, North America Finance Shared Services at McKesson. “Returns programs have chronically been challenging for health systems to administer and monitor. What we are launching today, reduces administrative burden, streamlines and expedites the returns process and improves inventory management.”
The Rapid Returns Solution improves credit value based on health systems’ existing McKesson pricing and simplifies reconciliation with detailed statements, providing line-item detail. McKesson pays for shipping, processing, and destruction, safeguarding for safe, responsible handling and disposal of un-used drugs. The solution makes it simple to return items, such as:
- Unsaleable controlled substances (II-V)
- Unsaleable pharmaceuticals with six months or less remaining shelf life
- Unsaleable over-the-counter products with three months or less remaining shelf life
- Unsaleable recalled products
Expanding tools for success
Founded in 2000, PharmaLink will power the program for health systems customers. With services spanning the complete spectrum of the pharmaceutical supply chain, the company delivers impactful solutions that trim cycle time while safely removing unwanted product from the marketplace.
Scott Miller, president of McKesson Health Systems shares, “As the industry evolves, so do we. We’re empowering our customers with the tools to maintain financial viability and better manage inventory – both of which are particularly important as health systems adapt and optimize operations to ever-changing supply and demand associated with the pandemic.”
McKesson Corporation is a global leader in healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, community oncology and specialty care, and healthcare information solutions. McKesson partners with pharmaceutical manufacturers, providers, pharmacies, governments and other organizations in healthcare to help provide the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the right patients at the right time, safely and cost-effectively. United by our ICARE shared principles, our employees work every day to innovate and deliver opportunities that make our customers and partners more successful - all for the better health of patients. McKesson has been named a “Most Admired Company” in the healthcare wholesaler category by FORTUNE, a “Best Place to Work” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and a top military-friendly company by Military Friendly. For more information, visit www.mckesson.com.
Kristen Breland, Public Relations
Source: McKesson Corporation
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GetSwift Technologies Limited files Audited Annual Consolidated Financial Statements, MD&A, and Annual Information Form for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2021
- EverGen Infrastructure Announces the Appointment of Kelly Castledine as Director of Investor Communications and Enters Into Agreements to Support Investor Relations and Communications
- EU to host Global Conversation about Women and Career Progression on 22 October at the Expo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!