Mark Farrah Associates Assessed Year-Over-Year Medicare Supplement Market Trends
- Futures rise ahead of weekly jobless claims data
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises on Mideast tensions but virus concerns weigh
- Roku (ROKU) Falls Sharply on Significant Slowdown in Streaming Views, Analysts Divided
- Dollar holds gains after Fed comments, sterling ticks up after BoE
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MCMURRAY, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- In the latest Healthcare Business Strategy report, Mark Farrah Associates (MFA), www.markfarrah.com, reported Medicare Supplement plans, also known as Medigap or Med Supp, covered 14 million seniors in 2020. MFA identified 188 distinct carriers that filed annual data with the NAIC as of December 31, 2020.
- Medicare Supplement plans collectively earned approximately $33.7 billion in premiums and paid out $24.4 billion in claims in 2020.
- The aggregate loss ratio (incurred claims as a percent of earned premiums) was 72.3%.
- MFA’s assessment of standardized plan type preferences for 2020 found Plan F, the most comprehensive design, enrolled over 6.2 million members. Enrollment gains were also significant in standardized plan type G.
- UnitedHealth maintained its leading position in this segment with almost 4.5 million members.
To read the FREE full text of "Year-Over-Year Medicare Supplement Market Snapshot and Plan Performance Insights", visit the MFA Briefs on Mark Farrah Associates' website. You can also follow us on LinkedIn.
About Med Supp Market Data
Med Supp Market Data, a Health Coverage Portal option offered by Mark Farrah Associates, presents the latest market share and financial performance data for Medicare Supplement plans. The product includes state-by-state membership, premiums, claims and loss ratios for plans nationwide. Online tables also include claims contacts as reported in the financial statements as filed with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). California managed care plans do not file financial statements with the NAIC and are not included in this analysis. For more information about Med Supp Market Data, please visit our website (www.markfarrah.com) or call 724.338.4100.
About Mark Farrah Associates (MFA)
Mark Farrah Associates (MFA) is a leading data aggregator and publisher providing health plan market data and analysis tools for the healthcare industry. Our product portfolio includes Health Coverage Portal™, County Health Coverage™, 5500 Employer Health Plus, Medicare Business Online™, Medicare Benefits Analyzer™, and Health Plans USA™. For more information about these products, refer to the informational videos and brochures available under the Our Products section of the website or call 724-338-4100.
Healthcare Business Strategy is a FREE monthly brief that presents analysis of important issues and developments affecting healthcare business today. If you would like to be added to our email distribution list, please submit your email to the "Subscribe to MFA Briefs" section at the bottom of this page.
Mark Farrah Associates
Ann Marie Wolfe, email@example.com
Source: Mark Farrah Associates
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vocera Customers Selected to Speak at HIMSS21
- PharmaDrug Forms Research Collaboration with Terasaki Institute for Novel Ocular Drug Formulation Program to Deliver DMT and Other Tryptamines to Treat Eye Disease
- Bergio International Plans to Expand Overseas Jewelry Manufacturing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!