Mark Farrah Associates Assessed Profit Margins for Leading Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MCMURRAY, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Mark Farrah Associates (MFA), www.markfarrah.com, analyzed profit margins of Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) plans, comparing year-over-year performance for third quarter 2020. The Blues brand controls over 40% of total U.S. commercial health enrollment, nationwide. The top seven BCBS affiliated insurers with over $10 billion in revenue include Anthem, Health Care Service Corp. (HCSC), Blue Shield of CA, BCBS of Michigan Group, Guidewell Mutual Holding Group, Independence Blue Cross (IBX), and Highmark.
- As of September 30, 2020, BCBS membership comprised nearly 111 million members of total U.S. commercial enrollment.
- Independence (IBX), Health Care Service Corp. (HCSC) and Highmark reported improved profit margins for 3Q20.
- The overall profitability for the remaining industry leaders experienced a year-over-year decrease based upon available statutory reporting as of September 30, 2020.
To read the FREE full text of "Decreased Profit Margins for Majority of Leading Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans in 3Q20", visit the Analysis Briefs library on Mark Farrah Associates' website.
About Mark Farrah Associates (MFA)
Mark Farrah Associates (MFA) is a leading data aggregator and publisher providing health plan market data and analysis tools for the healthcare industry. Our product portfolio includes Health Coverage Portal™, County Health Coverage™, 5500 Employer Health Plus, Medicare Business Online™, Medicare Benefits Analyzer™, and Health Plans USA™. For more information about these products, refer to the informational videos and brochures available under Our Products or call 724-338-4100. MFA will continue to monitor enrollment changes and competitive shifts across all healthcare segments.
Mark Farrah Associates
Ann Marie Wolfe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Mark Farrah Associates
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tenbound Announces New Book: The Sales Development Framework
- DEADLINE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against EHang Holdings Limited and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- ClassWorx Interview with Agro Capital Management Corp CEO Scott Benson Now Available on Youtube
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!