MAXEX Provides Liquidity for Non-Owner Occupied and Second Home Loans
- Tech pulls Nasdaq, S&P 500 down as Treasury yields rise
- Merck (MRK) Said to Be Unidentified Suitor for Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), Not Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) - Report
- EV Company Polestar To Go Public Via $20 Billion SPAC Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Price Target Lowered at Morgan Stanley Amid Rising Logistics Workforce Costs, Analyst Expects Stock to be Range Bound in Near Term
- Oil up on tight supply, Brent crude nears $80 a barrel
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- MAXEX, the first digital mortgage exchange for buying and selling residential loans through a single clearinghouse, announced today that the company has continued to expand the number of liquidity options available for mortgage lenders impacted by changes to the government sponsored enterprises (GSE) cap for non-owner occupied (NOO) and second home loans.
The Federal Housing Finance Agency recently issued guidance limiting the purchase of mortgage loans for second homes and investment properties by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to seven percent of a lender’s total volume. This guidance created an immediate shortfall in available liquidity for originators that rely on these government sponsored enterprises to support these types of loans, as well as the borrowers they serve. MAXEX, whose exchange connects mortgage lenders to many of the industry’s most active non-agency mortgage investors, immediately stepped in to begin filling this need for its existing customers. The company has continued to extend the availability of its offering to additional buyers for both daily flow and bid tape trading.
“MAXEX was designed to complement the GSEs by providing liquidity in segments of the market where they do not operate,” said MAXEX Chief Revenue Officer, Brennan Walters. “Our exchange immediately began providing liquidity for NOO and second homes as mortgage lenders were forced to quickly seek alternatives. We have now expanded our offerings related to those products in order to provide a broad range of pricing from multiple investors and enable multiple ways to trade with no volume cap.”
MAXEX is delivering daily competitive pricing on NOO and second home loans from multiple leading investors.
- Daily Flow Trading: Receive best execution pricing from multiple leading institutional investors. Pricing is continually updated daily, and all loans are sold through MAXEX as the centralized loan clearing house.
- Bid Tape Trading: Get multiple competing offers from a single bid tape. All loans are sold through MAXEX, enabling maximized execution for each loan pool.
Visit MAXEX online to learn more about the NOO and second home loan programs.
MAXEX is the first digital mortgage exchange to enable buying and selling residential loans through a single clearinghouse. We connect bank and non-bank lenders with premier investors including Wall Street banks, real estate investment trusts and insurance companies to enable faster, more efficient liquidity. MAXEX is an Atlanta-based fintech company led by mortgage experts and financially backed by leading private equity and capital markets investors. Learn more by visiting www.maxex.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Houlihan Lokey Announces Expiration of Tender Offer Period for Outstanding Shares of GCA Corporation
- Liberty Announces Milestone Achievement of 24 Hours of Continuous Pumping Time
- Audiences Can Watch the Mysterious Scenery of Xinjiang in Film Splendid Land After Venice FF
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!