Juneteenth: Small Businesses in Texas and Oklahoma Can Apply for $10,000 Grants as Part of Fiserv Back2Business Program
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Program is open to minority-owned businesses impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic
BROOKFIELD, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV), a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology solutions, today announced that minority-owned small businesses in Texas and Oklahoma can apply for grants, professional resources and technology as part of the Fiserv Back2Business program, intended to assist businesses as they ramp up operations post-pandemic.
The Back2Business program connects small businesses with critical resources, including complimentary mentorship, subject matter expertise and business coaching, leading technology solutions such as the Clover® point-of-sale platform from Fiserv, and community partners. In partnership with the Association for Enterprise Opportunity, a leading national nonprofit expanding economic opportunity for Black entrepreneurs through its Tapestry Project, the program also includes $10,000 grants awarded to individual businesses.
“The past year has been very challenging for small businesses, with many experiencing reduced revenues even as they had to adapt to new ways of operating,” said Neil Wilcox, head of Corporate Social Responsibility at Fiserv. “As we mark Juneteenth, we saw an opportunity to create a meaningful, positive impact in Texas and Oklahoma by helping minority-owned businesses, many of which were impacted by the pandemic and social unrest, get back to their full potential.”
Eligible Texas or Oklahoma-based small businesses may apply for a Fiserv Back2Business grant to assist with payroll, rent or lease payments, technology or equipment purchases, or premise redesign. Merchants must have revenues of less than $1 million annually, be founded prior to June 1, 2019 and have fewer than 10 employees. Applications can be submitted at https://aeoworks.org/fiserv/ and will be accepted June 18 through June 25.
“The education, coaching, and capital that are part of the Fiserv Back2Business program will help create sustainable businesses and fuel growth in our community,” said Dr. Freeman Culver, president of the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce in Tulsa, a Back2Business program community partner. “Businesses will continue to need support as they return to full operations post-pandemic, so this program is very well-timed.”
Merchants Getting Back2Business
Since the launch of the Back2Business program in 2020, Fiserv has awarded grants in multiple cities where small business communities have been heavily impacted by the pandemic, including New York, Miami, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Chicago, Oakland, and Tulsa.
On June 1, Fiserv joined the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce in Tulsa to deliver Back2Business grants, consulting services and technology to four businesses with ties to Black Wall Street:
- Alpha Grill – Frank Willis’ restaurant and food truck has been serving up his famous BBQ since 2016
- Black Wall Street Tees and Souvenirs – Cleo Harris Jr.’s store in the heart of the Greenwood district sells commemorative Black Wall Street apparel and serves as a space for keeping Greenwood’s history alive
- A New Way Center – Sara Rivero and Devin Williams’ organization provides professional services and counseling to members of the community
- Wanda J’s Next Generation Restaurant – Continuing a nearly 50-year legacy in the restaurant business, Wanda J’s is owned and operated by Wanda’s son, Tyron Walker, and her granddaughters, and offers southern food inspired by the family matriarch
In a world moving faster than ever before, Fiserv helps clients deliver solutions in step with the way people live and work today – financial services at the speed of life. Learn more at fiserv.com.
- Back2Business - https://fisv.co/3kjLf9q
- Back2Business Grant Application - https://aeoworks.org/fiserv/
Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) aspires to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a global leader in payments and financial technology, the company helps clients achieve best-in-class results through a commitment to innovation and excellence in areas including account processing and digital banking solutions; card issuer processing and network services; payments; e-commerce; merchant acquiring and processing; and the Clover® cloud-based point-of-sale solution. Fiserv is a member of the S&P 500® Index and the FORTUNE® 500, and is among the FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies®. Visit fiserv.com and follow on social media for more information and the latest company news.
About Association for Enterprise Opportunity
AEO is the leading voice of innovation for microbusiness and microfinance. We create economic opportunity for underserved entrepreneurs throughout the United States. We engineer transformational change through Research, Incubation, Convening & Advocacy to foster a robust and inclusive marketplace. For more information, visit aeoworks.org.
Vice President, External Communications
Source: Fiserv, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Square, Inc. Announces Plans to Acquire Afterpay, Strengthening and Enabling Further Integration Between its Seller and Cash App Ecosystems
- Li Auto Inc. July 2021 Delivery Update
- Square, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2021 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!