ISG to Publish Study on Providers of Public Cloud Services
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Upcoming ISG Provider Lens™ report will examine enterprise demand for a range of public cloud-related products and services
STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Information Services Group (ISG) (Nasdaq: III), a leading global technology research and advisory firm, has launched a research study examining the large and growing public cloud services market across the globe.
The study results will be published in a comprehensive ISG Provider Lens™ report, called Public Cloud – Services & Solutions, scheduled to be released in December. The report will cover a range of services related to the public cloud, including consulting and transformation services, managed services and secure filesharing services.
Enterprise buyers will be able to use information from the report to evaluate their current vendor relationships, potential new engagements and available offerings, while ISG advisors use the information to recommend providers to the firm’s buy-side clients.
The new report looks at the public cloud market after the COVID-19 pandemic drove heavy enterprise adoption of the hyperscale cloud, said Jan Erik Aase, partner and global leader, ISG Provider Lens Research. The annual contract value of the global public cloud market grew by 15 percent in the first quarter of 2021, to a record $9.9 billion, he noted, citing the ISG Index™.
“Growth in the public cloud industry is being fueled by growing demand for digital transformation among enterprises, as companies look to become more nimble, better engage with their customers and support remote work for their employees,” he said. “For enterprises, this has dramatically impacted business models and the need to address governance, risk and compliance.”
ISG has distributed surveys to more than 220 public cloud technology and service providers. Working in collaboration with ISG’s global advisors, the research team will produce six quadrants representing the services and products the typical enterprise client is buying in the public cloud space, based on ISG’s experience working with its clients. The six quadrants that will be covered are:
- Consulting and Transformation Services, assessing service providers and integrators that offer consulting and transformation services for public cloud engagements. Participating service providers have partnerships with public cloud infrastructure providers to offer ideation of multicloud programs and industry cloud solutions, as well as an understanding of customer-specific complexities in adopting and deploying public cloud solutions.
- Managed Public Cloud Services, looking at service providers and integrators that offer managed public cloud infrastructure and application services. These providers take a DevOps- and DevSecOps-centric approach to help enterprises build a robust continuous delivery pipeline and offer strong container management capabilities.
- Hyperscale Infrastructure and Platform Services, assessing providers of virtual compute resources, middleware and software in a public cloud environment. Providers in the IaaS segment offer compute, storage and network resources to support virtual or containerized software-defined offerings on serverless architectures. The hyperscaler PaaS segment offers multiple micro-services and runtime engines for predefined cloud-based application development that typically addresses full lifecycle needs for a developer building or modernizing applications.
- SAP HANA Infrastructure Services, examining cloud infrastructures best suited to host SAP’s software portfolio, with emphasis on SAP S/4HANA workloads and large-scale HANA databases. Participating vendors offer IaaS, including infrastructure operations, facilities, provisioning and scaling capacity for SAP workloads. They should offer capabilities including migration, system imaging, backup, restore, disaster recovery, resource usage monitoring and dashboard management services.
- Secure Enterprise Filesharing Services, looking at vendors that offer enterprise-grade filesharing platforms in cloud environments. Cloud filesharing vendors offer enterprises the ability to store and access data through a SaaS model. Functionality includes storage of business-related documents that are accessible via a browser, desktop or mobile application. These platforms also help enterprises synchronize data on-premises and in the cloud.
- Cloud FinOps Platforms, assessing independent software vendors that offer cloud financial management solutions to manage costs across multiple public clouds. The objective is to help enterprise functions, lines of business, and other stakeholders maintain financial accountability for the cloud services they use. Cloud FinOps experts are responsible for managing variable costs and usage of cloud services, and require FinOps platforms that allow them to report on cost and usage.
The report will cover the global public cloud market and examine products and services available in the U.S., Germany, Switzerland, the U.K., Brazil, France and the Nordic countries. ISG analysts Shashank Rajmane, Manoj Chandra Jha, Pedro Luís Bicudo Maschio, Wolfgang Heinhaus and Ulrich Meister will serve as authors of the reports.
An archetype report will also be published as part of this study. This report, unique to ISG, is the study of typical buyer types of public cloud services as observed by ISG advisors.
Beginning in July 2021, all ISG Provider Lens evaluations will feature new and expanded customer experience (CX) data that measures actual enterprise experience with specific provider services and solutions, based on ISG’s continuous CX research. Enterprise customers wishing to share their experience about a specific provider or vendor are encouraged to register here to receive a personalized survey URL. Participants will receive a copy of this report in return for their feedback.
A list of identified providers and vendors and further details on the study are available in this digital brochure. Companies not listed as public cloud service providers can contact ISG and ask to be included in the study.
About ISG Provider Lens™ Research
The ISG Provider Lens™ Quadrant research series is the only service provider evaluation of its kind to combine empirical, data-driven research and market analysis with the real-world experience and observations of ISG's global advisory team. Enterprises will find a wealth of detailed data and market analysis to help guide their selection of appropriate sourcing partners, while ISG advisors use the reports to validate their own market knowledge and make recommendations to ISG's enterprise clients. The research currently covers providers offering their services globally, across Europe, as well as in the U.S., Germany, Switzerland, the U.K., France, the Nordics, Brazil and Australia/New Zealand, with additional markets to be added in the future. For more information about ISG Provider Lens research, please visit this webpage.
A companion research series, the ISG Provider Lens Archetype reports, offer a first-of-its-kind evaluation of providers from the perspective of specific buyer types.
ISG (Information Services Group) (Nasdaq: III) is a leading global technology research and advisory firm. A trusted business partner to more than 700 clients, including more than 75 of the world’s top 100 enterprises, ISG is committed to helping corporations, public sector organizations, and service and technology providers achieve operational excellence and faster growth. The firm specializes in digital transformation services, including automation, cloud and data analytics; sourcing advisory; managed governance and risk services; network carrier services; strategy and operations design; change management; market intelligence and technology research and analysis. Founded in 2006, and based in Stamford, Conn., ISG employs more than 1,300 digital-ready professionals operating in more than 20 countries—a global team known for its innovative thinking, market influence, deep industry and technology expertise, and world-class research and analytical capabilities based on the industry’s most comprehensive marketplace data. For more information, visit www.isg-one.com.
Will Thoretz, ISG
+1 203 517 3119
Erik Arvidson, Matter Communications for ISG
+1 617 755 2985
Source: Information Services Group, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- A Letter From CEO Bobby Kotick to All Employees
- VeriSilicon Launches the New, Lowest Power 8K HDR Display Processor of the Successful Vivante Series, the DC9000
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Grandmother Achieves 20-Year Dream of Purchasing First Home
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!