Heritage Global Partners and Harry Davis & Company Offer State-of-the-Art Air Chilled Poultry Processing Site for Sale
- Dow hits milestone, S&P breaks record high on tech rally
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- U.S. retail sales post largest gain in 10 months; weekly jobless claims fall
- The Stock Market is Almost 'Completely Broken' - Einhorn
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Immediately Accepting Offers
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Heritage Global Partners (“HGP”), a worldwide leader in asset advisory and auction services, and a subsidiary of Heritage Global Inc. (Nasdaq: HGBL), announced that it has been engaged by order of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court (Case #20-00305) to offer for sale, a turnkey, state-of-the-art air chilled poultry processing plant in partnership with Harry Davis & Company, a leader in the food a beverage appraisal and equipment strategy industries. The offering is of the former Simply Essentials plant in Charles City, Iowa.
HGP and Harry Davis & Company are immediately soliciting and accepting offers for the site, which recently undertook $30 million in facility and equipment upgrades. The main line of the 500 employee processing facility has the capacity to process up to 140 birds per minute, along with a full suite of packaging, processing, and facility support equipment assets.
David Barkoff, Senior Vice President at HGP stated, “We are delighted to work on behalf of the Trustee and creditors to find a buyer for this facility. We are confident we will deliver a desired outcome for all stakeholders.”
Leonard Davis, President & CEO of Harry Davis & Company added, “We are ready and eager to use our food and beverage industry experience to help source a buyer to keep the plant operational. The facility is ready for immediate use by a vertically integrated processor looking for additional capacity to meet increased demands for air chilled poultry. We are encouraged by some initial conversations with prospective operators, but will revert to a piecemeal auction if a suitable operator doesn’t step up within 60 days. The offering includes:
- The approximately 85,000 sq. ft. facility on 3.1 acres located at 901 N. Main Street, Charles City, Iowa
- The adjacent parking lot and live barn on approximately 9.7 acres
- Real estate located at 300 Lawler Street, Charles City, Iowa
- 140 Bird Per Minute C02 Stun, Kill, Scald, Pick Line
- State-of-the-art packaging, processing, and related facility equipment
- Any trademarks, website domains, and other intellectual property
Interested parties can review the offering, schedule visits, and discuss offers with HGP and Harry Davis & Company (contact info listed below).
Heritage Global Partners, Inc. is one of the world’s largest industrial auction firms, providing asset valuation, acquisition and disposition services a subsidiary of Heritage Global Inc. Heritage Global Inc. (NASDAQ: HGBL) is an asset services company specializing in financial and industrial asset transactions.
About Harry Davis & Company
Located in Pittsburgh, PA, Harry Davis & Company is a multi-generational auction and appraisal business that is an industry leader and international force in the food and beverage industries. Harry Davis & Company provides auction and turnkey sales, appraisals and consulting services worldwide.
Source: Heritage Global Partners
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tricor Group Recognized by Dun & Bradstreet with 2021 Business Eminence Award for Singapore Operations
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- MPLN INVESTOR ALERT: Bernstein Liebhard LLP Announces that a Securities Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against MultiPlan Corporation