Guidehouse Insights Names Schweitzer Engineering Labs, Schneider Electric, and Siemens the Leading Microgrid Controls Vendors
- Wall St. opens lower as Netflix slides, virus cases rise
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop as India's COVID-19 surge dents demand outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- Dollar firm as COVID-19 resurgence dampens risk appetite
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Market competition continues to intensify as acquisitions increase and large established players revise offerings and business models
BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- A new Leaderboard report from Guidehouse Insights examines the strategy and execution of 16 microgrid controls vendors, with Schweitzer Engineering Labs (SEL), Schneider Electric, and Siemens ranked as the leading market players.
“SEL and Schneider offer contrasting strengths—SEL offers a low cost, market-leading technology for seamless islanding while Schneider Electric is pioneering new energy as a service (EaaS) business models for microgrids,” says Peter Asmus, research director with Guidehouse Insights. “The third market leader is Siemens, which has expanded its microgrid offerings and helped develop leading-edge microgrids across multiple geographies.”
Fierce market competition is evidenced by the number of companies that have come and gone over the past decade, the increased number of recent acquisitions, and the number of large established players that have revised their offerings with new technology and business models. Companies leading the way for advanced controls are often large technology firms revamping their original distribution automation and SCADA controls with increased digital capabilities using in-house software or acquisitions of smaller startups. Then there are the independent startups testing limits with new control algorithms informed by AI and using Internet of Things (IoT) digital infrastructure. Between the extremes of large technology firms and small startups exists a long list of companies.
The report, Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard: Microgrid Controls Vendors, evaluates the strategy and execution of 13 UESSIs. Using Guidehouse Insights’ proprietary Leaderboard methodology, vendors are profiled, rated, and ranked to provide industry participants with an objective assessment of these companies’ relative strengths and weaknesses in the global market for UES integration. These companies are rated on 12 criteria: vision; go-to-market strategy; partners; production strategy; technology; geographic reach; sales, marketing, and distribution; product performance; product quality and reliability; product portfolio; pricing; and staying power. An executive summary of the report is available for free download on the Guidehouse Insights website.
About Guidehouse Insights
Guidehouse Insights, the dedicated market intelligence arm of Guidehouse, provides research, data, and benchmarking services for today’s rapidly changing and highly regulated industries. Our insights are built on in-depth analysis of global clean technology markets. The team’s research methodology combines supply-side industry analysis, end-user primary research, and demand assessment, paired with a deep examination of technology trends, to provide a comprehensive view of emerging resilient infrastructure systems. Additional information about Guidehouse Insights can be found at www.guidehouseinsights.com.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 8,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
* The information contained in this press release concerning the report, Guidehouse Insights Leaderboard: Microgrid Controls Vendors, is a summary and reflects the current expectations of Guidehouse Insights based on market data and trend analysis. Market predictions and expectations are inherently uncertain and actual results may differ materially from those contained in this press release or the report. Please refer to the full report for a complete understanding of the assumptions underlying the report’s conclusions and the methodologies used to create the report. Neither Guidehouse Insights nor Guidehouse undertakes any obligation to update any of the information contained in this press release or the report.
Source: Guidehouse Insights
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Putnam Investments Names Kaitlin M. May to Lead Global Institutional Business
- Responsive Auto Insurance Successfully Implements the One Inc Digital Payments Platform
- Northeastern University Partners With the Academy to Innovate HR
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!