GL Ventures Completes $24 Million Series B-2 Investment in Clover Biopharmaceuticals
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BEIJING--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Clover Biopharmaceuticals, a global clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing novel and transformative biologic therapies, today announced the completion of a US$ 24 million Series B-2 financing from GL Ventures. This financing round brings Clover’s total capital raised since 2016 to over US$ 140 million.
“We are pleased to complete this financing round with GL Ventures, as it will allow us to continue our efforts in expanding internal R&D capabilities and building a world-class team,” said Joshua Liang, Chief Strategy Officer & Board Director of Clover Biopharmaceuticals.
“We are thrilled to partner with Clover. We look forward to supporting this wonderful team as they create innovative therapies to address unmet medical needs across the globe,” stated the GL Ventures team.
Clover Biopharmaceuticals is the innovator of Trimer-Tag©, an innovative drug development platform which allows the production of novel, covalently-trimerized fusion proteins. Many major disease targets are trimerization-dependent such as the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) superfamily (involved in extrinsic apoptosis, immune co-stimulation and inflammation) as well as enveloped RNA virus antigens responsible for entry into host cells. Clover is using its Trimer-Tag© technology with global IP position to develop recombinant trimerized fusion proteins that are able to effectively target these previously undruggable pathways. Trimer-Tag© has significant implications for the treatment of some of the most prevalent diseases across the world.
About Clover Biopharmaceuticals
Clover Biopharmaceuticals is a global, clinical-stage, research-based biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing transformative biologic therapies, with a focus on oncology and autoimmune diseases, as well as viral vaccines. Having raised more than US$ 140 million in total capital since 2016, Clover is utilizing its proprietary Trimer-Tag© technology platform to develop novel biologics targeting trimerization-dependent pathways. Additionally, Clover is leveraging its in-house GMP biomanufacturing capabilities to support large-scale production of its biologic therapies. For more information, please visit our website: www.cloverbiopharma.com.
About GL Ventures
GL Ventures focuses on early-stage innovative companies in healthcare, software services, consumer Internet, emerging consumer brands and services. The GL Ventures team is passionate about partnering with visionary entrepreneurs to create industry leaders that stand the test of time. GL Ventures is the early stage affiliate of Hillhouse Capital and has been investing with innovators across the world since 2005. GL Ventures was one of the earliest investors in some of the largest global companies today, including Beigene, Zoom, Meituan, JD, Woowa Brothers and many more.
Joshua Liang, +86 028-63925705
Source: Clover Biopharmaceuticals
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Datopotamab Deruxtecan Shows Encouraging Tumor Response in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with Actionable Genomic Alterations
- New Data on RYBREVANT® (amivantamab-vmjw) in Combination with Lazertinib Show Early Activity in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Whose Disease Has Progressed After Both Osimertinib and Platin
- Personalis Receives New VA MVP Task Order and Record Quarterly Orders From Oncology Customers; Reconfirms Total Revenue Outlook for 2021 with Further Accelerated Oncology Growth
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!