Extreme Tech Challenge Partners with TechCrunch, Extends Application Deadline, and Announces Four Specialized Awards for its 2021 Global Competition
- Wall Street closes lower as virus spike hits travel stocks
- Netflix (NFLX) Tops Q1 EPS by 78c, Subs Miss
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Soars as Bidding War Brews After Canadian National Railway (CNI) Makes a $33.7 Billion Offer
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Boeing (BA) Down 3% After CFO - Aged 54 - Retires, Seen as an 'Odd' Move
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MENLO PARK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) has announced a partnership with TechCrunch to host its 2021 Global Finals event. XTC has also introduced four specialized awards -- COVID-19 Innovation Award, Female Founder Award, Ethical AI Award, and Positive Home Award -- to be presented alongside the seven existing category winners and one overall competition winner on July 22, 2021. With increased interest in this year’s startup competition and the expansion of the XTC Global Finals with TechCrunch, the application deadline has been extended to 11:59PM PT on April 25, 2021.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210331005837/en/
Extreme Tech Challenge Partners with TechCrunch, Extends Application Deadline, and Announces Four Specialized Awards for its 2021 Global Competition (Graphic: Business Wire)
XTC is the world’s largest startup competition for entrepreneurs addressing global challenges inspired by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). Last year, this competition attracted startups from 87 countries and the 52 finalists raised more than $120 million in venture investment since being selected.
In the last eleven years, TechCrunch has helped 915+ companies raise over $9.4 billion in investments, including 117+ exits via its startup competition Disrupt. The new partnership between XTC and TechCrunch aims to generate increased opportunities and exposure for applicants pitching their ideas to world-renowned investors and judges at the 2021 Extreme Tech Challenge Global Finals presented by TechCrunch, to be held on July 22, 2021.
“TechCrunch is a world leading publisher reporting on the business of technology, startups, and venture capital funding,” said Young Sohn, Co-Founder of Extreme Tech Challenge, Former Corporate President and Chief Strategy Officer of Samsung Electronics, and Chairman of the Board at HARMAN International. “Our partnership with TechCrunch to host the 2021 Extreme Tech Challenge Global Finals elevates our visibility and reach to a tech community of more than 16 million people worldwide. We look forward to showcasing the dynamism of XTC finalists to this audience, and to inspiring more startups, corporations, VCs, foundations, policymakers, and universities to join our mission to build a better world through purpose-driven innovation.”
In addition to the selection of one overall winner and seven category winners (Agtech, Food & Water; Cleantech & Energy; Education; Enabling Technologies; Fintech; Healthcare; Smart Cities & Transportation), four special awards have been established to highlight topical tech trends, to promote diversity, and to align with current events.
Last year’s COVID-19 Innovation Award and Female Founder Award are joined by two new awards for 2021:
- Ethical AI Award -- this award focuses on several areas of interest in AI development including bias in algorithms, transparency, traceability, and privacy, among others. The winner is poised to receive a seed investment and direct mentorship from the award sponsors: BGV, Samsung Electronics, NXP Semiconductors, Tech Mahindra and Global Corporate Venturing (GCV).
- Positive Home Award -- this award recognizes a startup with an innovative technology that creates a smart and sustainable home environment. Presented by the Adeo Group, a global home improvement specialist, this recognition evaluates energy/waste/water efficiency solutions that minimize carbon footprints; smart home solutions that enhance comfort; healthy and environmentally friendly cost-efficient materials; accessibility improvements for inhabitants; digital platforms that enhance interactions with the neighborhood and community; flexible solutions for different rooms in a domicile; and easy-to-install noise reduction solutions.
All startup finalists will be invited to the XTC Category Finals in May and XTC Virtual Bootcamp in June, where they will gain the opportunity to engage directly with world-leading venture capitalists, corporate leaders and industry experts.
Startups are encouraged to apply (here) to XTC by April 25. XTC is open to startups worldwide with innovative technologies addressing one of XTC’s Tech for Good categories, inspired by the UN SDGs.
For more information on the Extreme Tech Challenge competition, please visit: https://extremetechchallenge.org/faq
About Extreme Tech Challenge
Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) is the world’s largest ecosystem and competition for entrepreneurs addressing global challenges.
XTC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization supported by leading corporations, VCs, foundations, policymakers, universities and tech conferences. XTC is dedicated to empowering entrepreneurs creating new tech innovations to help build a sustainable future for humanity and our planet.
Inspired by the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), XTC supports and showcases innovators that harness the power of technology for the benefit of humankind. Through its global startup competition, XTC provides top contenders the potential for global visibility, the opportunity to raise capital, the ability to network with global entities, and access to world-class mentorship to help them pioneer technological breakthroughs that address our most extreme global challenges. For more information, please visit www.extremetechchallenge.org.
Extreme Tech Challenge
Source: Extreme Tech Challenge
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oregon Pacific Bank Announces First Quarter Earnings Results
- CrowdStrike Falcon Achieves Comprehensive Detection and Extensive Visibility in Every Stage Of The Latest MITRE Engenuity ATT&CK® Evaluation
- DATAMARK Discusses Business Continuity Planning on Its Latest Webinar Panel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesIra Sohn
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!