Exscientia Builds Automated Laboratories in Oxford to Expand Pipeline
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
More than doubles Oxford footprint to over 47,000 square feet
Adds approximately 100 new jobs, building on more than 100 employees already added in 2021
Increases capacity and efficiency of leading AI-based drug discovery capabilities through investment in additional automation of chemistry and biology
OXFORD, England--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Exscientia today announced the opening of a 21,000 square foot expansion of its facilities at Oxford Science Park, increasing capacity for its technology teams as well as significantly expanding its laboratory-based experimental capabilities in structural biology, biophysics and high-content pharmacology.
In parallel, Exscientia is building a new 26,000 square foot robotic laboratory at nearby Milton Park, Oxfordshire focused on the automation of chemistry and biology to accelerate drug discovery. This will take Exscientia towards its goal of drugs designed AI, made by robot.
“Exscientia has grown significantly in 2021, driven by new partnerships with leading pharma and biotech companies, as well as by our in-house drug discovery work. Our pipeline includes more than 25 active research programs across therapeutic areas, with a focus on immunology and oncology,” said Dr. David Hallet, Chief Operating Officer of Exscientia. “To meet this expanded growth, we have added more than 100 employees to-date in 2021 and are excited to continue this growth as we seek to add more world-class scientists and technologists to our team.”
Exscientia is a global company, headquartered in Oxford, UK with sites in Miami (FL, US), Vienna (Austria), Dundee (Scotland, UK) and Osaka (Japan). The company currently has over 170 people, roughly split between technologists and drug discovery scientists, with a united goal to find smarter and faster ways to discover and develop new drugs.
Exscientia is an AI-driven pharmatech company committed to discovering and designing the best possible medicines in the fastest and most effective manner. Exscientia is the first company to progress AI-designed small molecules into the clinical setting and repeatedly demonstrate the ability of AI to transform how drugs are created. Exscientia’s AI platform has now designed three drugs that are in Phase 1 human clinical trials.
Drug design is precision engineering at the molecular scale. Exscientia has built dedicated AI systems that efficiently learn from the widest range of data and consistently reapply enhanced knowledge through iterations of design. Because Exscientia’s AI platform learns more effectively and rapidly than human-led efforts alone, candidate molecules satisfying complex therapeutic requirements are created with revolutionary efficiency. Exscientia believes that designing better drugs, faster, will allow the best ideas of science to rapidly become the best medicines for patients.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck’s KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab) Demonstrated Superior Recurrence-Free Survival (RFS) in Patients With Resected High-Risk Stage II Melanoma Compared to Placebo in the Adjuvant Setting
- ENHERTU® Demonstrated Robust and Durable Tumor Response of 54.9% in Patients with HER2 Mutant Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- 2021 CSCO | Henlius will Release Four Oral Presentations of Two Upcoming Commercial Products: Novel anti-PD-1 mAb Serplulimab and Bevacizumab Biosimilar
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!