ERS Genomics and Japan SLC Sign CRISPR/Cas9 License Agreement
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Nobel prize winning CRISPR technology to be applied in development of genetically engineered animal models
DUBLIN & SHIZUOKA, Japan--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- ERS Genomics Limited, which was formed to provide broad access to the foundational CRISPR/Cas9 intellectual property co-owned by Dr. Emmanuelle Charpentier, and Japan SLC, Inc., a biotechnology company providing animal models to the research community, today announced a non-exclusive license agreement granting Japan SLC access to ERS Genomics’ CRISPR/Cas9 patent portfolio.
Japan SLC supports research organizations by providing animal models from its varied portfolio, including outbred, inbred, immunodeficient, congenic, hybrid, disease models and transgenic. The addition of CRISPR/Cas9 technology to the company’s toolbox will enable the expansion of its offering.
ERS Genomics holds an exclusive worldwide license from co-founder and recent Nobel prize winner Dr. Emmanuelle Charpentier to the foundational intellectual property covering CRISPR/Cas9 for use as a research platform.
“We are proud to add Japan SLC to our growing list of partners in Japan applying CRISPR/Cas9 technology to its service offerings,” said Eric Rhodes, CEO of ERS Genomics. “Japan SLC’s animal production and supply are of high quality, and we are very pleased that it has chosen to license CRISPR/Cas9 technology through ERS Genomics.”
“Our production and supply of laboratory animals will benefit greatly through the use of the revolutionary CRISPR/Cas9 technology,” commented Hirotaka Takagi, President, Japan SLC. “We are very excited to sign this licensing agreement with ERS Genomics which will enable us to produce CRISPR-edited mouse and rat models.”
Financial details of the agreement are not disclosed.
Tel: +44(0)7787 502 947
Source: ERS Genomics Limited
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barrett-Jackson Inaugural Houston Auction Hits $37.5 Million Fueled by $1.98 Million Sale of Porsche 928 Driven by Tom Cruise in “Risky Business”
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Presents Late Breaker Oral Presentation of Poziotinib Data in First-Line NSCLC Patients with HER2 Exon 20 Insertion Mutations at ESMO Congress 2021
- IMFINZI plus chemotherapy tripled patient survival at three years in the CASPIAN Phase III trial in extensive-stage small cell lung cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!