ERS Genomics Licenses CRISPR Gene Editing Technology to Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
License to Nobel prize winning CRISPR technology supports internal research and development
DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- ERS Genomics Limited, which was formed to provide broad access to foundational CRISPR/Cas9 intellectual property today announced the signing of a license agreement with Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Otsuka). The license grants Otsuka access to CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing technology for its internal research and development initiatives to address areas of unmet medical need.
ERS Genomics holds an exclusive worldwide license from co-founder and recent Nobel prize winner Dr. Emmannuelle Charpentier to the foundational intellectual property covering CRISPR/Cas9 for use as a research platform.
Eric Rhodes, CEO of ERS Genomics, said: “We are extremely pleased to be able to provide Otsuka with access to the CRISPR/Cas9 license. We hope this brings significant value to Otsuka as it applies the technology to its internal programs.”
Financial details of the agreement are not disclosed.
Summit Pharmaceuticals International Corporation, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation, serves as the exclusive agent for ERS Genomics in Japan.
For high resolution images please contact Zyme Communications
Tel: +44(0)7787 502 947
Source: ERS Genomics
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Census Bureau to Host Educational Webinar to Provide Insights on Upcoming Quality Metrics Release
- Grown Rogue Files Amended and Restated Q1 Financial Statements and Management Discussion and Analysis
- Entegris Announces Pricing of $400 Million Offering of 3.625% Senior Unsecured Notes