Domtar President and CEO John D. Williams to Take Temporary Medical Leave of Absence
- U.S. stock sink on reports of Biden tax proposals
- Biden To Propose Capital Gains Tax As High As 43.4% For Wealthy - Bloomberg
- U.S. weekly jobless claims hit 13-month low; home sales tumble
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys Over 5M Shares of Skillz (SKLZ), Nearly 3M Shares of IPO UiPath (PATH)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FORT MILL, S.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Domtar Corporation (NYSE: UFS) (TSX: UFS) announced that John D. Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer, has contracted the Covid-19 and is taking a temporary medical leave of absence.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210129005235/en/
The company’s Board of Directors has appointed Daniel Buron, Senior Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer, to assume Mr. Williams’s authority and responsibility until he returns from his leave of absence. Mr. Buron will continue in his role as Senior Vice President and CFO.
The Board of Directors expects Domtar’s business to continue to operate as normal, with a strong, experienced management team.
The company, its Board and employees all wish John a speedy recovery and look forward to his return.
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 8,800 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day. Domtar’s annual sales are approximately $5.2 billion, and its common stock is traded on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges. Domtar’s principal executive office is in Fort Mill, South Carolina. To learn more, visit www.domtar.com.
Corporate Services and Sustainability
Source: Domtar Corporation
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- jCyte Inc. Announces Presentations at the 2021 Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) Annual Meeting
- Forge Biologics to Present at Chardan’s 5th Annual Genetic Medicines Manufacturing Summit
- Proactive North America headlines including Lexaria Bioscience, LeanLife Health, Planet 13 Holdings and Fidelity Minerals