DentalPlans.com Educating Americans on Oral Health’s Role in Heart Health
- S&P 500, Nasdaq open higher; Amex, Honeywell weigh on Dow
- Bitcoin tumbles below $50,000, other cryptos sink over Biden tax plans
- Snap (SNAP) Beats Q1 Estimates Amid 'Robust Ad Environment,' Analysts Raise Numbers and PTs
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Encouraging Americans To Evaluate Their Oral Health During American Heart Month
PLANTATION, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- `February is American Hearth Month, intended to raise awareness about preventing heart disease. A heart-healthy lifestyle includes methods such as reducing stress while increasing sleep, sunshine, exercise, and maintaining good oral health.
This month, DentalPlans.com, a leading online marketplace for dental savings plans in the U.S. and part of the Henry Schein One portfolio of solutions, is encouraging Americans to assess their oral health, see a dentist, and understand the relationship between oral health and heart health.
The Connection Between Your Smile & Heart
Medical research continues to show a strong connection between oral health and heart health. Regular dental care may reduce the risk of heart disease, and certainly improves overall health. People with periodontal disease – gum infection and tooth decay – appear to be at a higher risk of having or dying from a heart attack, heart failure, or stroke.
Whether this is caused by the chronic inflammation associated with untreated gum disease, shared pathogens (such as systemic bacterial infections), or another issue, has not yet been established. The bottom line is that there is a connection between good oral health, and good overall health, so maintaining a healthy smile is key.
Evaluate Your Current Dental Health. Ask Yourself the Following:
- Do I have a good at-home dental hygiene routine? Do I brush for two minutes, with a soft brush, twice a day and floss? Do I maintain a healthy diet, and stay hydrated?
- Have I seen the dentist in the last 6 months? Typically, getting a checkup and cleaning twice a year is optimal, but your dentist will tell you how often you need to get preventive care. It may be more than twice a year.
- Am I following advice from my dentist? Whether it’s daily flossing or completing an extended treatment plan, it’s important to act on the recommendations from your dentist. Dental problems don’t go away when you ignore them, they just get worse. And tend to cost you more money, too.
- Do I have a plan for affording the dental care I need? Beyond routine care, think about how you will manage dental emergencies or restorative work that require extensive treatments, such as repairing or replacing teeth. Whether you pay out of pocket, have dental insurance, or a dental savings plan, be sure you plan for the unexpected.
“Asking yourself if you have an affordable way to access dental care is critical to maintaining your oral and overall health long term,” said Jenn Stoll, Chief Commercial Officer at DentalPlans.com. “Everyone deserves to get the care they need and knowing how you’ll pay for that care makes it easier to lead a healthy lifestyle, including booking your preventive dental checkups and following through with the recommended care.”
DentalPlans.com is committed to helping Americans access affordable dental care through dental savings plans, an affordable alternative to traditional dental insurance that provides plan members with 10-60% off most dental procedures. But savings do not stop at dental. Many plans also include savings on vision, hearing, chiropractic care and prescription drugs, as well as 24/7 telehealth. All of which can help plan members take care of their overall health as well.
Take care of your teeth, heart, and overall health. Learn more about dental savings plans here.
DentalPlans.com, founded in 1999, is a leading online marketplace for dental savings plans in the U.S., helping more than a million people to affordably access quality healthcare services. Our mission is to empower consumers with the tools, information, and services that they need to live happier, healthier lives.
About Henry Schein One
Henry Schein One, a subsidiary of Henry Schein, Inc. established in partnership with Internet Brands in 2018, is a software company providing integrated software and services to the dental industry. Headquartered in American Fork, Utah, the company offers market-leading solutions for dental practices, including Dentrix, Dentrix Ascend, Dentrix Enterprise, Easy Dental, TechCentral, Demandforce, Sesame Communications, Lighthouse360, Officite, and DentalPlans.com as well as international companies, including Software of Excellence, Logiciel Julie, InfoMed, Axium, Power Practice and LabNet, among others. For more information, visit www.henryscheinone.com.
Nicole Fry, Communications Manager
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Express (AXP) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.13, Revenues Miss
- BDA Launches Climate Risk Finance Initiative
- 1st Source Elects Two New Members to its Board of Directors