Commercial Truck Industry Starts 2021 Strong
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- In the February 2021 Commercial Truck Guidelines Industry Update, analysts from J.D. Power Valuation Services reported that 2021 pricing started out healthy, as expected, with Class 8 auction results particularly strong and medium duty solid as well.
“Most buyers and sellers say the sleeper market currently feels strong, but interestingly, the market is actually only at about the average of the post-Great Recession trend,” said Chris Visser, commercial truck senior analyst at J.D. Power Valuation Services. “We live and die by the market we are currently in, and conditions should remain favorable into the second quarter.”
Major findings in the free monthly report note:
- The few auctions in January saw high pricing
- Retail channel started the year strong in pricing and volume
- Class 4 cabovers saw healthy pricing, conventionals were firm to upward
J.D. Power Valuation Services (formerly NADA Used Car Guide) is a leading provider of vehicle valuation products and services to businesses. The team collects and analyzes more than 1 million automotive and truck wholesale and retail transactions per month, and delivers a range of guidebooks, auction data, analysis and data solutions.
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is headquartered in Troy, Mich., and has offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. To learn more about the company’s business offerings, visit JDPower.com/business. The J.D. Power auto shopping tool can be found at JDPower.com.
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Rules www.jdpower.com/business/about-us/press-release-info
Media Relations Contacts
Geno Effler; Costa Mesa, Calif.; 714-621-6224; firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: J.D. Power
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alnylam Presents Positive Late-Breaking Data from Ongoing Phase 1 Study of ALN-AGT, an Investigational RNAi Therapeutic for the Treatment of Hypertension
- Global Carbon Council receives approval under ICAO's CORSIA to help international airlines meet carbon neutral growth targets
- Subversive Acquisition LP Provides Update on Qualifying Transaction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!