Church Mutual hosting grand opening for new Milwaukee office, dedication of Koonce Innovation Center
- Wall Street ends down as megacaps give back gains
- Current S&P 500 valuation is not leaving 'any margin for error' - JPMorgan
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P 500 weekly preview: Can this rally hold?
- Stocks retreat after rally with jobs data eyed, yields climb
- Alaska Air (ALK) drops 9% on $1.9 billion deal to buy Hawaiian (HA)
Oct. 18 event to feature CEO Rich Poirier, former Green Bay Packers Dr. George Koonce and LeRoy Butler
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.:
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.1 (a stock insurer), is hosting a grand opening for its 10,000-square-foot, 50+ employee office in Milwaukee on Oct. 18, 2022. The event will include a dedication of the Koonce Innovation Center housed within the facility. Following a nationwide search for an urban office location to help prepare the company for the future, the new Milwaukee location represents a purposeful business decision to further attract and retain a more diverse workforce, while addressing talent needs and organizational goals.
Church Mutual CEO Rich Poirier and other company leaders continue to push for bigger investments in Milwaukee through a multi-year initiative called “Inspire Milwaukee” that provides support to various organizations including MKE Fellows, UW Milwaukee Lubar School of Business, Marquette University’s Civic Dialogue program and Christo Rey Jesuit High School. Church Mutual’s presence in Milwaukee provides an opportunity to become a more meaningful and involved contributor in diverse education, social and economic efforts in southeast Wisconsin.
In addition to Poirier, former Green Bay Packers Dr. George Koonce, in whose name the Koonce Innovation Center is being dedicated, and LeRoy Butler will attend the grand opening. The Koonce Innovation Center will feature displays of the company’s proprietary insurance technology including CM Sensors (water, ice and temperature protection), Pull for Police (armed intruder law enforcement notification), Alarm Alert (alarm warning service) and CM Wildfire Solutions.
- Rich Poirier joined Church Mutual in 2011 and today serves as its president and CEO. He is a Marquette University and Marquette Law graduate, as well as an attorney and former Navy judge advocate, Navy Captain, and champion of Church Mutual’s diversity and inclusion efforts and Milwaukee expansion.
- George Koonce, Ph.D., is an American athlete and athletic director. A former Green Bay Packer linebacker in the NFL, he received his Ph.D. in Sport Administration from Marquette University, and also served as the athletic director at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee. He is currently the vice president of Advancement at Marian University in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, and serves on the board for CM Regent, an affiliate of Church Mutual.
- LeRoy Butler is a former strong safety who played his entire 12-season NFL career with the Green Bay Packers. Butler won a Super Bowl ring after the Packers defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXI, was named All-Pro four times and was selected to the Pro Bowl four times.
- What: Church Mutual Milwaukee Office grand opening and Koonce Innovation Center dedication
- When: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 18 (Butler, Koonce and Poirier will speak at 11:15 a.m.)
Where: Church Mutual
833 E. Michigan St.,
- Media: Members of the media are welcome to attend. Please RSVP in advance to Jennifer Johnson at [email protected] or call (715) 539-5797 to facilitate security access and schedule interviews with Poirier and Koonce.
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, public and private K-12 schools, colleges and universities, senior living facilities, secular and non-secular camps and conference centers, and nonprofit and human services organizations throughout the United States. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation, and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
- A.M. Best Company "A" (excellent) rating
- Wisconsin 75 Top Private Company by Deloitte US, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Wisconsin 75 Distinguished Performer: Innovation by Deloitte US 2019
- 2021 Gallup Culture Transformation Award recipient
- 2020 Women and Diversity Award recipient from the American Property Casualty Insurance Association
- Futuremakers Partner by Wisconsin Technical College System
- Celent Model Insurer for innovation and emerging technologies
- Award in Innovation for entrepreneurialism and innovation by National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- 2018-2019 Employer of the Year by Northcentral Technical College
1Church Mutual is a stock insurer whose policyholders are members of the parent mutual holding company formed on 1/1/20. S.I. = a stock insurer.
Contact: Jennifer Johnson
Title: Corporate Communications Consultant
Phone: (715) 539-5797
Email: [email protected]
Source: Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pan-American Life Insurance Group Announces Data Security Incident
- Flash News: OKX co-hosts 'Builder's Mixer - Bengaluru' during India Blockchain Week
- Neptune Wellness Announces Receipt of Nasdaq Delisting Notice and Intention to Appeal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesAM Best Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!