Church Mutual® Launches a New Armed Intruder Alert System for Customers
- S&P 500, Nasdaq up on tech gains; unfazed by vaccine pause, inflation
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises 1% after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Soars 5% to Fresh Record Highs Ahead of Coinbase IPO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MERRILL, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Armed intruder attacks can happen anywhere, at any time, typically with little or no warning. According to the National Sheriffs’ Association, the average police response time from the start of incident to their arrival is 15 minutes. Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. (a stock insurer)1, is now providing eligible customers with a free emergency device, Pull for Police, to address that issue. When pulled, it works like a silent fire alarm to alert law enforcement of an armed intrusion and helping to decrease response time.
“It’s very unfortunate we live in a day and age when the threat of an armed intruder is a reality for our customers,” Church Mutual President and CEO Rich Poirier said. “As part of our continued customer focus, we hope the Pull for Police™ Armed Intruder Emergency Service program will shorten law enforcement response times and in turn save lives.”
Pull for Police is a responsive device that connects to an active CM Sensor® kit, another Church Mutual exclusive. It notifies local law enforcement of an armed intruder situation within seconds of being pulled. Aside from alerting law enforcement more quickly, users say there’s a more immediate result.
“Everyone’s more at ease and we know we’re a lot more secure now,” said Kevin Schroder, head trustee at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Eagle, Nebraska.
Schroder explained the church trustees had been discussing security cameras and the potential for armed security guards at the church when they were offered the opportunity to use Pull for Police.
“It really just came at the right time for us,” Schroder said. “It’s not something I ever envisioned, and it’s such a relief.”
Immanuel Lutheran Church’s Pull for Police device is centrally located in their sound booth and accessible from multiple areas of the facility. However, Schroder said they’re so pleased with the device there have been conversations about adding more.
As an added value, Church Mutual’s eligible customers can now sign up for this exclusive program at no cost.
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, public and private K-12 schools, colleges and universities, senior living facilities, secular and non-secular camps and conference centers, and nonprofit and human services organizations throughout the United States. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
- A.M. Best Company "A" (excellent) rating
- BenchmarkPortal Top 10 National Customer Service Center
- Wisconsin 75 Top Private Company by Deloitte US, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Wisconsin 75 Distinguished Performer: Innovation by Deloitte US 2019
- Futuremakers Partner by Wisconsin Technical College System
- Celent Model Insurer for innovation and emerging technologies
- Award in Innovation for entrepreneurialism and innovation by National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- 2018-2019 Employer of the Year by Northcentral Technical College
1Church Mutual is a stock insurer whose policyholders are members of the parent mutual holding company formed on 1/1/20. S.I. = a stock insurer.
Contact: Jennifer Johnson
Title: Corporate Communications Consultant
Source: Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- carafem Introduces “Cara,” First Virtual Assistant to Facilitate Abortion Care via Telemedicine, With Increased Access to the Abortion Pill, Mifepristone by Mail
- American Water’s 2021 First Quarter Conference Call Scheduled for May 4, 2021
- Paradigm Technology Group Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesAM Best Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!