California American Water Asks Garrapata Area Customers to Reduce Water Use
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PACIFIC GROVE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- California American Water is requesting that customers in the Garrapata service area reduce water use to support firefighting efforts. The Palo Colorado fire is an active fire that began on January 21, 2022 in Big Sur, south of the company’s Garrapata service area.
The company asks Garrapata customers to limit water consumption to essential indoor use and turn off all outside irrigation systems. Affected customers have been notified by phone, text or email and are requested to limit use until further notice.
“California American Water urges customers in Garrapata to support firefighting efforts by limiting indoor water use and eliminating all outdoor water use at this time,” said California American Water External Affairs Director Evan Jacobs. “We want to keep water available in the system for emergency responders.”
California American Water provides water service to the community of Garrapata, which is south of Carmel-by-the-sea.
About California American Water: California American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), provides high-quality and reliable water and wastewater services to more than 880,000 people.
About American Water: With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 6,500 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an estimated 14 million people in 25 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Director, Communications and External Affairs
Phone: 707 495-6135
Email: [email protected]
Source: California American Water
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Albertsons Companies, in cooperation with Smithfield Packaged Meats Corp., voluntarily recalls select ReadyMeals and deli-prepared items containing a bacon topping due to foreign matter contamination
- Access Details Notice of Teton Annual General Meeting – Tuesday May 24, 2022
- CORRECTING and REPLACING ASC Therapeutics, UMass Chan Medical School, and the Clinic for Special Children Announce Podium Presentation of Safety and Efficacy in Murine and Bovine Models for Novel Gene
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!