CalSTRS Votes FOR Effissimo’s Proposal
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leading Proxy Advisors ISS and Glass Lewis Support Effissimo’s Proposal for an Independent Investigation of Shareholder Pressure and Vote Tabulation Irregularities at Toshiba
- Effissimo welcomes the support of ISS and Glass Lewis.
- Effissimo believes that its proposal is clearly aligned with the long-term interests of other asset managers, including index funds and Japanese asset managers, that call for stronger governance practices at Japanese companies to protect their clients’ interests.
SINGAPORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Effissimo Capital Management (“Effissimo”) welcomes the support of Institutional Shareholder Services (“ISS”) and Glass, Lewis & Co. (“Glass Lewis”), the world's leading proxy advisors, for Effissimo’s shareholder proposal to carry out an independent investigation of the conduct of Toshiba Corporation’s (TYO: 6502) 2020 Annual General Meeting (“AGM”).
Effissimo’s proposal will be voted on at an Extraordinary General Meeting (“EGM”) scheduled for March 18, 2021.
Effissimo appreciates ISS and Glass Lewis’s careful and independent evaluation of the relevant facts and background that has led them to recommend that shareholders vote FOR Effissimo’s proposal.
According to its public disclosure, the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS), the second largest public pension fund in the United States, has decided to vote FOR Effissimo’s proposal.1
The recently published white paper “Making voting count” by the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (“PRI”) states, “a vote in favour of a shareholder resolution should not be seen as a criticism of the company overall. It is an avenue to provide feedback on a particular issue in line with an investor’s voting principles.” 2
Effissimo believes that its proposal is clearly aligned with the long-term interests of other asset managers, including index funds and Japanese asset managers, that are advocating for governance reform through their public voting policies at Japanese companies to protect their clients’ interests.
If Japan is serious about serving as a leading global financial market, its listed companies should be expected to meet nothing less than the highest corporate governance standards, which start by respecting shareholders’ right to vote.
Effissimo’s proposal represents an important opportunity for Toshiba to strengthen its governance and create value at a time when the company’s shareholder base is expanding in size and diversity.
Contact information for the press regarding this matter
VOX Global Japan K.K.
Minoru Koshida / Rie Sugiyama / Ayako Hitomi
TEL: +81-80-2208-9698 / +81-80-2042-2852 / +81-70-3624-3081
Source: Effissimo Capital Management Pte Ltd
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lyndra Therapeutics Presents Promising Phase 2 Data on Once-Weekly Oral Risperidone Treatment, LYN-005, in Development for Schizophrenia
- Sycamore Entertainment and SEGI.TV Extend Chip Ganassi Relationship By Partnering on No. 10 Indy Car Driven By Alex Palou
- UNITE HERE Local 11 Asks Federal Agency to Ensure Chateau Marmont Complies with Loan Law
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!