CUPE 374 Welcomes 9 New Members
- World stocks stay high, Russia's rouble buckles under sanctions stress
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys 750K Shares of Coinbase (COIN), Sells 240K Shares of Tesla (TSLA)
- Dollar dips to four-week low as yields pull back; rouble sinks
- Virgin Galactic (SPCE) Plunges 4% as Founder Richard Branson Sells Over $150 Million in Stock
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
VICTORIA, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- CUPE 374 welcomed 9 new members from BC Healthy Communities Society (BCHC) following a Labour Board representation vote that was certified on February 24. This new group of members includes planners, public health specialists and community engagement practitioners who help communities make planning decisions from a public health vantage point and through an equity lens.
“CUPE 374 is really pleased to welcome these workers who provide important community services at BCHC,” said CUPE 374 President Shireen Clark who notes that they will be a good fit as the local also represents two other community services groups. “We look forward to working with our newest members as they secure a first collective agreement and ensure a fair workplace.”
CUPE 374 now represents over 1000 municipal workers in 7 different municipalities and 3 community services groups throughout the Victoria region. BCHC is a not-for-profit agency that provides support, expertise and resources for health authorities, local governments and other key stakeholders in communities throughout B.C.
Shireen Clark, CUPE 374 President: 250.472.0374
Janet Szliske, CUPE National Communications Representative: 604.454.7293
Source: Canadian Union of Public Employees
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Maximus Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.28 per Share
- EMX Royalty Options the Copper Warrior Project in Utah to Warrior Metals Inc.
- Kintor Pharmaceutical Announces AR-PROTAC (GT20029) Approved for Acne and Androgenic Alopecia Clinical Trials in China