CAGW Releases Comprehensive Waste-Cutting Proposals for the 117th Congress
- S&P 500, Dow hit record highs on bank earnings boost
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar slips to 4-week low hurt by recent retreat in yields
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today, Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW) released its Critical Waste Issues for the 117th Congress. The publication is a concentrated list of some of the most important proposals that CAGW believes will result in a smaller and more efficient government.
After the deficit hit a record $3.1 trillion in fiscal year 2020 and the national debt now exceeds $28 trillion, it is long past time to reduce government waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement.
From healthcare, technology, telecommunications, and defense spending to civil service and regulatory reform, Critical Waste Issues for the 117th Congress details 17 policy areas that require immediate attention, including a chapter on increasing accountability, oversight, and transparency in government. As the new Congress sets its legislative priorities, these recommendations should be considered and implemented.
CAGW President Tom Schatz said, “Since CAGW’s inception in 1984, the organization has been the leading advocate on behalf of taxpayers to reduce government waste. When questions are asked about where spending can be cut, answers can be found in publications like Critical Waste Issues for the 117th Congress. As members of Congress continue to consider some of the costliest legislation in U.S. history, they must also consider how to restrain unnecessary expenditures. This publication should be required reading for every member of Congress and all taxpayers and serve as a blueprint for reining in out-of-control federal spending.”
Citizens Against Government Waste is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating waste, fraud, mismanagement and abuse in government.
Alexandra Abrams (202) 467-5310
Source: Citizens Against Government Waste
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- soona Raises $10.2M Series A to Scale its Virtual Content Creation Platform, Transforming How Brands Shoot Photos and Videos for E-Commerce
- NSAV ACQUIRES STRATEGIC STAKE IN CRYPTOCURRENCY TRADING BROKER, VIRTUABROKER
- Joel R. Levin, Director of Chicago Regional Office, to Leave SEC