Building Your Business Online: WP Engine Announces New eCommerce Solution for Small/Medium Businesses
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
WordPress eCommerce solution enables selling success for first-timers and those looking to scale their eCommerce operations
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WP Engine, the world’s most trusted WordPress technology company, today announced an exciting new eCommerce solution for small and medium businesses (SMB) looking to make the leap into online sales or make more money faster with their existing eCommerce business. WP Engine’s eCommerce Solution allows SMBs to create a stunning, mobile-friendly WooCommerce site quickly and easily. Owners will be able to either optimize an existing online store or build one with a quick setup wizard; take advantage of ready-to-use eCommerce themes; drag and drop tools to add content and products in seconds; enable blazing fast product searches that increase revenue and use WP Engine’s automated plugin updates, which save valuable time and allow store owners to relax knowing their site is secure and updated.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210310005224/en/
WP Engine, the world’s most trusted WordPress technology company, today announced an exciting new eCommerce solution for small and medium businesses (SMB) looking to make the leap into online sales or make more money faster with their existing eCommerce business. (Graphic: Business Wire)
“The world moved online during the COVID-19 pandemic and thousands of new eCommerce businesses started as a result,” said Seth Halpern, Senior Vice President and General Manager - SMB Business Unit at WP Engine. “This new eCommerce solution will help new and existing digital store owners grow their business online by making more money from the increased traffic to their store while providing those new customers a world-class customer experience.”
WP Engine and eCommerce: A Powerful Partnership for SMBs
The WP Engine eCommerce Solution is the easiest way to launch or grow your eCommerce business on one of the fastest and most secure WordPress platforms in the industry.
- Enjoy the advanced search features of Elasticsearch powered by ElasticPress with only one click and experience the immediate revenue increases of up to 18% for stores that enable it.
- Effortlessly launch a new WooCommerce store with a DIY-friendly, no-code store creator and easy-to-use design tools, or easily migrate an existing WordPress store from another host.
- Sell more knowing your store is hosted on industry-leading infrastructure optimized for site speed, security, and scalability; with Instant Store Search results from the most affordable Elasticsearch eCommerce solution.
- Obtain the latest features and security benefits with automatic site and plugin updates from WP Engine’s Smart Plugin Manager.
- Take advantage of 24x7x365 support from WP Engine’s award-winning WordPress experts.
The State of eCommerce Today
The surge of online activity in 2020 accelerated what was an already booming eCommerce marketplace. In 2019, for example, eCommerce sales reached $600 billion in the U.S. alone, making up more than 10% of overall retail sales. In 2020, that number jumped to $794.5 billion, up 32% year-over-year, representing more than 14% of total retail sales. It’s a clear indication of the digital-first pivot so many businesses have had to make, and a validation from consumers that it’s a model they increasingly prefer. In fact, eCommerce trends are expected to continue growing unabated, with some estimates placing global eCommerce sales as high as $6.5 trillion by 2023.
When it comes to the actual experience of online shopping, consumers are very clear in their preference for superior search functionality, through technologies like Elasticsearch. For online store owners this is a critical imperative, especially when you consider that 43% of shoppers on retail sites go directly to the search bar and spend more than double the amount other shoppers do. An overwhelming majority of online shoppers (68%) say they won’t return to a site with a poor search experience.
WooCommerce on WordPress
Given that eCommerce can be the lifeblood of a small business, it’s crucial to make the right choice when picking a provider for your eCommerce site. According to BuiltWith, WooCommerce powers 29% of all eCommerce sites on the Internet, making it the most popular way to build an eCommerce site. This combination of WordPress, the most popular way to build any type of site and WooCommerce, the most broadly used plugin for eCommerce, is a powerful combination for SMB owners.
That’s why WP Engine, the fastest platform for WordPress as well as the most popular WordPress platform, hosting more WordPress sites among the top 10 million than any other WordPress vendor, is proud to introduce its eCommerce solution bringing the best of WordPress, WooCommerce and Elasticsearch together. To get started with WP Engine’s eCommerce Solution, please go to https://wpengine.com/ecommerce/.
About WP Engine
WP Engine, the world’s most trusted WordPress technology company, powers the freedom to create on WordPress. We provide the most relied upon and trusted brands and developer-centric WordPress products for companies and agencies of all sizes, including Atlas, Flywheel, Local and Genesis. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, WP Engine has offices in Brisbane, Australia; Kraków, Poland; Limerick, Ireland; London, England; Omaha, Nebraska and San Antonio, Texas. Read more at www.wpengine.com
Source: WP Engine
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Saturday WrestleMania® Sold Out
- FSIS ISSUES PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT FOR RAW GROUND TURKEY PRODUCTS LINKED TO SALMONELLA HADAR ILLNESS
- Voluntary Recall of Hostess® SnoBalls® Due to Undeclared Allergen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!