Books-A-Million Kicks Off Summer Reading Adventure Program
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 scale new peak as jobs recovery gains traction
- Eli Lilly (LLY) Surges After Getting Breakthrough Therapy Designation From FDA, Analyst Raises PT and Sees Approval Chance at 90%, Biogen (BIIB) Plunges
- Dollar holds below two-month highs as Fed policy in focus, sterling slips
- Morgan Stanley's Huberty Dismisses Concerns Over Apple's (AAPL) 2022 Growth Prospects, Bumps PT; Says iPhone 'S' Cycle Is Different This Time and Sees 'Good' LT Buying Opportunity
- Visa (V) Acquires Tink, European Open Banking Platform for $2.2B
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
New York Times bestselling children’s author Kate DiCamillo will serve as the program’s Reading Advocate
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Books-A-Million will kick off its annual Summer Reading Adventure program on May 17, 2021, with Reading Advocate and bestselling children’s author Kate DiCamillo, in partnership with Candlewick Press. Designed to get children excited about books and to encourage a lifelong love of reading, the program invites young participants to read, write and earn a fun prize for their efforts.
With two Newbery Medals, a #1 New York Times bestselling author designation and the title of National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature under her belt, DiCamillo is remarkably well suited to her role as Reading Advocate for the Books-A-Million Summer Reading Adventure. Her books, heralded as instant classics, include Flora & Ulysses, Because of Winn-Dixie, The Tale of Despereaux and The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, among others.
Participants will choose four books from the Summer Reading Adventure sections in stores or on Booksamillion.com, where they will find a large selection of books suitable for all ages and reading skill levels. After reading each book, they will write about it in their Summer Adventure log book. When they have finished reading and writing about all four books, they can stop by their nearest Books-A-Million store to claim their prize—a Because of Winn-Dixie notepad and pen!
Books-A-Million is a well-established source for books, toys, games, collectibles and gifts for every age and interest. Operating more than 200 locations in 32 states as well as a thriving online store, Books-A-Million delivers top-notch customer service and remarkable value through special offers, exclusive sales and the award-winning Millionaire’s Club.
Books-A-Million has seen exponential growth over more than 100 years in business, from its humble origin in 1917 as a newsstand in Florence, Ala., to its current status as the second-largest bookseller in the United States.
Brand Content Manager
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck Appoints Michael Klobuchar Chief Strategy Officer
- Verizon Frontline supports public safety for Alan Jackson benefit concert
- Online Grocery Shopping and Store Pickup Trends Accelerated by the Pandemic are Now Slowing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!