Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2021 Awards Put Hong Kong in the Spotlight as the Region’s Leading Gastronomic Hub
- World stocks at record high, oil up on strong China, U.S. data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Dollar heads for second weekly loss on Fed's lower-for-longer stance
- Apple (AAPL) May Scrap iPhone Mini Next Year, New Lineup to Focus on Camera Quality, Says Top Analyst
- Oil rises above $67 in fifth day of gains on demand hopes
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
HONG KONG--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Hong Kong leads the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2021 list with 11 entries and The Chairman becoming the first Hong Kong restaurant to win top spot. Launched in 2009, the Cantonese restaurant in Central is renowned for its authentic, ingredients-driven cuisine. It won both coveted titles – The Best Restaurant in Asia and The Best Restaurant in China.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210325006003/en/
The Chairman In Hong Kong Takes No.1 Spot At Asia's 50 Best Restaurants 2021 Awards (Photo: Business Wire)
Held virtually before a global audience on 25 March, the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2021 awards ceremony also announced other Hong Kong restaurants that made the list, including newcomer Mono (No.44), as well as re-entries Caprice (No.28) and Ta Vie (No.38). Vea (No.16) doubled as this year’s recipient of the Gin Mare Art of Hospitality Award.
“This announcement marks a fruitful year for Hong Kong’s thriving dining scene, reflecting the rich diversity of local and international cuisines and admirable trove of culinary talent in the city,” said Mr Dane Cheng, Executive Director of the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB).
“It takes both passion and a strong, progressive entrepreneurial spirit to succeed in Hong Kong’s competitive restaurant industry. So my heartfelt congratulations to all the winning restaurants and sincere appreciation for all the effort they have put into making Hong Kong one of the world’s top food destinations.”
Hong Kong is also represented by Neighborhood (No.17), Belon (No.25), 8½ Otto e Mezzo Bombana (No.33), Amber (No.37), Lung King Heen (No.47) and Seventh Son (No.48).
For the full list, please visit www.theworlds50best.com/asia/en/list/1-50.
For media enquiries:
Ms Vivian Li
Source: Hong Kong Tourism Board
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Housing Market Potential Dips Slightly From 13-Year High, According to First American Potential Home Sales Model
- Balchem Corporation Announces Quarterly Conference Call for First Quarter Financial Results on April 30, 2021
- Publication of eQ Plc’s Q1 2021 interim report and invitation to result presentation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!