Amerigroup Iowa Announces Expanded Benefits for Medicaid Members including Products for New Moms
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
- Member benefits include earning dollars for completing medical care and healthy activities
- Amerigroup becomes first Medicaid health plan in Iowa to provide electric breast pumps for pregnant women and women who recently delivered
DES MOINES, Iowa--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Amerigroup Iowa announced its value added benefits portfolio for eligible Medicaid members who participate in the state’s Medicaid programs that began January 1, 2021. Included in the expanded offerings are electric breast pumps for pregnant women or women who recently delivered, and a new Healthy Rewards incentive program. Amerigroup is the first Medicaid health plan in Iowa to provide electric breast pumps to its members.
The Medline Deluxe Electric Breast Pump Kit comes with a tote bag with breast shields, bottle and bottle supplies, cooler bag, two ice packs, and a battery adapter. The Amerigroup value added benefits for expectant and current mothers also includes family and child care incentives for completing certain milestone check-ups like prenatal visits in the first trimester, postpartum visit, well baby visit (0 to 15 months), well child visit (13 months to 9 years), and recommended childhood vaccines.
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) promotes and supports breastfeeding as an important part of the nutrition service benefits that the WIC Program provides to meet its mission of safeguarding the health of low-income women, infants and children.
Low income mothers continue to face more barriers than their other working counterparts as they often work in low-paying jobs that make it even more difficult to breastfeed. Access to electric breast pumps will allow these mothers to have a quick and easy solution that can assist them with expressing breast milk in the limited break time they get. Educating mothers on breastfeeding and providing support during their journey is critical.
The percentage of breastfed infants has increased every year since 2010, reflecting the successful efforts of WIC State and local agencies to continue to provide quality breastfeeding services to WIC participants. Breastfeeding mothers also benefit from having access to WIC staff with extended breastfeeding education which helps provide the much needed support for breastfeeding.
“Breastfeeding is so important—we know this. I also want to acknowledge that many new moms may not be able to breastfeed, for many reasons. Access to breast pumps should not be one of those reasons,” said Kelly Garcia, Iowa Department of Human Services Director. “I am thrilled Amerigroup is working to provide this benefit to their Medicaid members. I’m also grateful for Amerigroup’s partnership and look forward to further collaboration to support the maternal health needs of women in Iowa.”
As a leader in women’s health services, Amerigroup is committed to improving maternal and infant health outcomes in Iowa. Each year, on average, a baby is born every hour to an Amerigroup Iowa member with approximately 8,000 babies born per year.
“We continue to provide value added services that help close gaps in care and better support our members when they want and how they want it, putting them at the center,” said Jeffrey Jones, plan president, Amerigroup Iowa. “We know that breastfeeding provides essential benefits for both mothers and babies, and we are dedicated to providing new mothers with the information, tools and support they need to have a successful breastfeeding experience. Amerigroup Iowa’s holistic approach meets the needs of the whole person while creating and delivering innovative, data-driven, and personalized solutions that enhance the member healthcare experience.”
Among other value added benefits offered that started January 1, 2021, Medicaid members who enroll with Amerigroup will be able to earn dollars for completing healthy activities and preventative medical care appointments that can be redeemed for gift cards at a variety of merchants and retailers such as Amazon, Kohl’s, Home Depot, Subway, Uber and more. Amerigroup Iowa members receive additional services at no cost on top of their regular Medicaid benefits including but not limited to:
- LiveHealth Online to video chat with a doctor anytime, anywhere.
- Amerigroup Community Resource Link which helps connect individuals and families to free and reduced-cost social services in their communities including resources to help with food, housing, job training, transportation, and more.
- Dental hygiene kits to help keep teeth and gums healthy.
- Post-discharge stabilization kit for support after leaving the hospital.
- Home-delivered meals for individuals and families after getting home from a hospital stay
- Weight Watchers vouchers for 13 weeks of membership fees.
- Amerigroup works with Safelink Wireless to provide smart phones with data. Amerigroup Members receive 200 free bonus minutes when they sign up and 100 bonus minutes on their birthdays. Additional benefits include unlimited text messages to or from anyone and unlimited free calls to Amerigroup Member Services.
- GED assistance for qualifying members ages 18+ receive voucher code at no cost to cover fees for the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET).
Visit www.myamerigroup.com/HealthyRewards to enroll or learn more.
About Amerigroup Iowa
Amerigroup Iowa, an Anthem Company, helps improve health care access and quality for approximately 400,000 Iowa residents who participate in the state’s Medicaid programs. Amerigroup serves Iowans by developing and delivering innovative care management programs and services. Amerigroup Iowa members are assured care that is not only accessible, but also accountable, comprehensive, integrated and patient-centered. It provides ongoing community relations and outreach to encourage members to become active participants in their health care. For more information about Amerigroup, please visit https://www.myamerigroup.com/ia/iowa-home.html.
Source: Amerigroup Iowa
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Federal Budget Must Help Workers and Strengthen Canada: Steelworkers
- 9 Minetta Street - New York's Best New Townhouse
- Elucid Presents Results of the EVAPORATE Study at ESC Preventive Cardiology 2021 Late Breakers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!