All-new Virtual Music Lounge Turntable (Turntable.org) Exceeds Funding Goal of $500,000 and Continues to Grow
- Dow hits milestone, S&P breaks record high on tech rally
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- U.S. retail sales post largest gain in 10 months; weekly jobless claims fall
- Dell (DELL) Gains on Spin-Off of its 81% Stake in VMware (VMW), Analysts Bulled-Up as It Could Unlock $20 Per Share of Value for DELL
- The Stock Market is Almost 'Completely Broken' - Einhorn
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Turntable, an all-new virtual music lounge designed to unleash the DJ in everyone and bring people together through music, today announced it has exceeded $500,000 in funding. To date, more than $522,000 in funding has been secured from a variety of investors both big and small.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210305005589/en/
All-new Turntable (Turntable.org) Dancefloor (Graphic: Business Wire)
“The outpouring of encouragement and support from investors of all levels continues to encourage us,” said quiet cofounder of the original Turntable in 2011 and current CEO of the all-new Turntable Joseph Perla. “This all-new Turntable will be as much fun as the original, built for 2021, mobile first and designed to last forever. We are adding new backers every day and look forward to sharing the beta launch in April!”
To date, Perla has assembled a talented team of investors and advisors to launch the new startup including Juan Batiz-Benet, founder Filecoin; Dan Finlay, founder MetaMask; Joshua Goldbard, founder MobileCoin; Michael Guimarin (Fastly); and Nicholas Hays (Google).
“When Joe showed me how much early interest there was in rebooting Turntable, I knew immediately, that the time had come and it was time to invest,” said Guimarin.
Turntable is a music-focused social network designed for music discovery, community-building and emerging DJs to have fun, promote new music and share live music experiences. Designed as a virtual clubhouse with music, a points payment system will reward DJs who play popular songs that encourage people to make their virtual avatars dance. For more information, visit Turntable.org or follow @turntablettfm.
o) 415.380-8390, c) 415.515.1229
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- XPeng and Zhongsheng Group Form Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Smart EV Adoption
- Tricor Group Recognized by Dun & Bradstreet with 2021 Business Eminence Award for Singapore Operations
- APA Corporation Provides First-Quarter Supplemental Information and Schedules Results Conference Call for May 6 at 10 a.m. Central Time
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBusiness Wire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!