Werner Enterprises (WERN) Appoints Michelle D. Livingstone to its Board
- Wall Street ends mixed after punishing week
- '3600 is the New Bull Case': Outflows from Energy and Materials Highest in Several Years - BofA
- Dollar catches a break after bruising week as investors turn risk averse
- Apple (AAPL) is a 'Compelling Name To Own' Right Now, iPhone Sales Trending Ahead of Guidance - Wedbush's Ives
- Deere (DE) Falls on Sales Miss, JPMorgan Sees 'Aggressive' Guidance and Downside Risk
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Werner Enterprises (Nasdaq: WERN) announced that Michelle D. Livingstone was appointed to the Company’s Board of Directors at the May 10, 2022 Board of Directors meeting. In conjunction with this appointment effective May 10, 2022, the Board of Directors increased the number of directors from eight to nine.
“On behalf of Werner and its Board of Directors, I am excited to welcome Michelle to our team,” said Derek Leathers, Werner’s Chairman, President and CEO. “Michelle’s extensive supply chain and transportation experience, along with her proven success leading environmental and inclusion initiatives, will further strengthen the diversity of thought and expertise of our Board of Directors.”
Livingstone’s addition to the Company’s Board of Directors increases its female board representation to 44 percent and brings its blended gender and diversity rate to 56 percent. Livingstone will serve on the Company’s Audit Committee, Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee, and ESG Committee.
Livingstone served as Vice President - Transportation for The Home Depot in Atlanta from 2007-2021. During this time, she was a founding member of the Supply Chain Leadership Team and served on the Environmental Council to drive sustainability efforts. From 2005-2007, Livingstone was Senior Vice President – Transportation for C&S Wholesale Grocers in Keene, New Hampshire and was Vice President – Transportation for J.C. Penney of Plano, Texas from 2002-2005. Livingstone was Senior Director of Supply Chain and Transportation for Kraft Foods of North America, Inc. of Madison, Wisconsin from 1985-2002.
Bringing more than 30 years of transportation and supply chain experience to Werner, Livingstone has served as an officer in a Fortune 50 company for more than 13 years. Recognized as a champion for diversity and inclusion, she served as the VP advisor to the Home Depot internal associate resource groups Women in Supply Chain, Women’s Link, and Velvet Hammers, which support female directors and above.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hepsiburada (HEPS) Announces Board Changes
- Amarin Corp. (AMRN) Appoints Erin Enright and Alfonso Zulueta to its Board, Announces Leadership Changes
- Radius Health (RDUS) Appoints Jennifer A. Jarrett and Susan Vissers Lisa to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!