Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA) Appoints Dr. Tage Honoré to its Board of Directors
- Wall Street ends volatile week higher as Fed officials ease bank fears
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- World stocks gyrate as bank contagion fears bite
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get Alerts VNDA Hot Sheet
Join SI Premium – FREE
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Vanda) (Nasdaq: VNDA) today announced the appointment of Tage Honoré, Ph.D., D.Sc. to its Board of Directors effective March 15, 2023. Following Dr. Honoré's appointment, Vanda's Board of Directors is now comprised of six directors, five of whom are independent.
"Tage is a highly accomplished industry leader and respected scientist with deep experience across a diverse range of therapeutic areas," said Mihael H. Polymeropoulos, M.D., Vanda's President, CEO and Chairman of the Board. "We are confident that his scientific expertise and executive experience will be invaluable, and look forward to working with him as we continue to deliver innovative therapies for patients."
Dr. Honoré currently serves as President of Aestus Partners LLC, a business advisory firm with deep roots in the life sciences sector. Previously, Dr. Honoré held executive leadership roles at Novo Nordisk, Novartis and Purdue Pharma. In addition to his executive accomplishments, Dr. Honoré is a distinguished researcher, credited with discovering and naming the AMPA subtype of Excitatory Amino Acid Receptors, as well as developing the AMPA antagonists CNQX and NBQX, which have played a critical role in advancing scientific understanding in this field. He is also the author of over 100 peer-reviewed scientific articles.
Dr. Honoré received his MSc in Pharmaceutical Science, Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry and D.Sc. in Neuropharmacology from the University of Copenhagen.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FactSet (FDS) Appoints Elisha Wiesel to its Board
- Illumina (ILMN) Issues Statement in Response to Carl Icahn's Letter
- Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA) Announces Resignation of Caroline Dorsa from Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!