Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk a Board Nominee of UFC Owner Endeavor Group, Which Has Filed to Go Public
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk is a Board of Director nominee for Endeavor Group Holdings, the global entertainment company that owns the UFC, along with entertainment agency WME, and sports, fashion, events and media company IMG.
Endeavor filed its registration statement with the SEC today to go public. The company plans to list on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “EDR.”
While Endeavor notes Mr. Musk's past trouble with the SEC, they said there are no restrictions on his ability to serve as an officer or a director on a company’s board.
"On October 16, 2018, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York entered a final judgment approving settlement terms filed with the court on September 29, 2018, as amended on April 26, 2019, in connection with the SEC’s actions against Elon Musk, a director nominee to our Board, and his August 7, 2018 Twitter post, regarding potentially taking Tesla, Inc. private. Without admitting or denying the SEC’s allegations, Mr. Musk agreed to a monetary penalty and to step down as Tesla Inc.’s Chairman of the Board for a period of time. There are no restrictions on Mr. Musk’s ability to serve as an officer or a director on a company’s board."
Mr. Musk, 49, is joined by Fawn Weaver as a board nominee. Current board members include Ariel Emanuel, Patrick Whitesell, Jason Lublin, Mark Shapiro, Seth Krauss, Kerry Chandler, Christian Muirhead, Egon Durban, and Stephen Evans.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ark's Cathie Wood thinks Twitter (TWTR) tipping could be bigger deal than anticipated
- Tesla (TSLA) Says It Won't Achieve Full Self-Driving This Year, Despite Musk's Earlier Claims
- A residential community in Lanzhou, NW China's Gansu, has banned Tesla (TSLA) vehicles from entering - Global Times
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, IPOs
Related EntitiesTwitter, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!