Switchback II Corporation (SWBK) and Bird Announced Planned Board Of Directors
- Wall St turns red as Omicron reaches the United States
- First known U.S. Omicron case found in fully vaccinated overseas traveler
- Apple (AAPL) Car: 'Is Tesla Going to be the BlackBerry of Mobility? I Think That's Going to Come Down to Apple' - Morgan Stanley's Jonas
- Private sector employment increased by 534,000 jobs from October to November, topping consensus estimate
- General Motors (GM) sees full year adjusted EBIT in $14 billion range, above prior view
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bird Rides, Inc. ("Bird" or the "Company"), a leader in environmentally-friendly electric transportation, today announced the planned composition of its Board of Directors. This includes the appointment of the former CFO of Sunrun, Bob Komin, to Audit Committee Chairman, following completion of the Company's business combination with Switchback II Corporation ("Switchback II"; NYSE: SWBK), which is expected to close promptly following the Extraordinary General Meeting of Switchback II on November 2, 2021.
"As we approach our next chapter as a public company, I am very proud of the board we have assembled. Each member brings extensive experience and leadership in their respective fields, and I am privileged to work alongside them as we continue on our mission to bring environmentally-friendly transportation to everyone," said Travis VanderZanden, CEO and Founder of Bird. "I am pleased to have Bob join our board. With his proven expertise in the public markets, decades of background in software and energy ventures, and passion for sustainability initiatives, Bob will be an invaluable asset to Bird and our board of directors."
Bringing more than 20-years of CFO experience and an extensive background in growing technology and climate-impacting startups into global public companies, Mr. Komin led Sunrun, the nation's largest residential solar, battery storage and energy services provider, through its IPO process and served as the public company's CFO for five years.
Bird's Board of Directors will span accomplished professionals with valuable experience across the public and private sector as well as technology, transportation and energy transition. The Bird Board of Directors will include:
- Travis VanderZanden, Founder and CEO of Bird;
- Roelof F. Botha, Partner at Sequoia Capital and board member of 23andMe, MongoDB, Square and Unity Technologies, among others;
- Daniel Friedland, Co-Founder and Managing Director of Goldcrest Capital;
- Justin Kan, Co-Founder of Twitch, formerly Justin.tv;
- Bob Komin, former CFO of Sunrun pre- and post-IPO;
- Jim Mutrie, Co-Chief Executive Officer and Director of Switchback II, led Switchback Energy Acquisition Corporation's business combination with ChargePoint;
- Racquel Russell, Vice President of Partner Success at Zillow and former Deputy Assistant to President Obama; and
- David Sacks, Co-Founder and General Partner at Craft Ventures, Founder and former CEO of Yammer and former COO and founding member of Paypal.
"Bird is an innovative eco-friendly transportation technology company, and its various vehicle offerings, unique operations model and dedication to reducing short range trips from gas powered cars is transforming the transportation industry as a whole," said Komin. "Their passion for creating an all-electric transportation future taps into my personal dedication to sustainability efforts. I look forward to my continued work with this category-creator as they continue their mission to increase micromobility options and support the global transition toward more sustainable energy solutions."
Komin joins Bird as a director who is mission-driven and dedicated to working alongside companies that are on the frontlines of battling global climate change. In addition to his role on Bird's Board, Komin also serves other organizations as a trustee on the University of Oregon Foundation Board of Trustees – overseeing $2 billion in assets through serving as the Vice-Chairman of its Audit & Risk Committee – and as a member of its Executive and Investment Committees. In addition to his volunteer experience, Komin previously served as CFO of Flurry, Inc., a mobile application analytics and data-powered advertising platform, and held CFO roles at Ticketfly, Linden Lab/Second Life, Solexel, Tellme Networks, and XOR.
Switchback II Shareholder Vote As previously announced, the Extraordinary General Meeting of Switchback II to vote on the business combination with Bird is scheduled to be held on November 2, 2021, at 10:00 a.m., Eastern time. The closing of the business combination is subject to approval by Switchback II's shareholders and the satisfaction of other customary closing conditions.
Every vote is important and Switchback II encourages all shareholders to make their voice heard by voting as soon as possible, regardless of the number of shares held. For information on the meeting and how to vote please go to https://swbk2.com/vote/.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Appoints John Murphy to its Board
- Grab (GRAB) to Trade on Nasdaq Following Successful Business Combination with Altimeter (AGC)
- Gulf Island Fabrication (GIFI) Announces Acquisition of DSS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Related EntitiesSequoia Capital, Barack Obama, Definitive Agreement, IPO, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!