Ross Stores (ROST) Expects to Name George Orban as New Board Chair and CEO Barbara Rentler as New Vice Chair; Elects COO Michael Hartshorn to Board
- Wall Street rises as big banks kick off earnings season
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Bernie Madoff, disgraced Ponzi schemer, dies at 82
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Q1 EPS Nearly Doubles Wall Street's View as Investment Banking Excels Amid SPAC and IPO Frenzy
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ross Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ: ROST) announced today the following changes to the composition and leadership of its Board of Directors:
- The Board expects to name George Orban as Chairman of the Board and Barbara Rentler, Chief Executive Officer, as Vice Chair. These Board leadership changes will become effective following the Company’s Annual Stockholders Meeting on May 19, 2021.
- Michael Hartshorn, Group President and Chief Operating Officer, has been elected to the Board effective March 10, 2021.
- Our current Chairman Michael Balmuth, and Chairman Emeritus Norman Ferber, will not be standing for re-election as directors at the upcoming Annual Meeting. Both Mr. Balmuth and Mr. Ferber will have ongoing, active roles as senior advisors to the Company.
In commenting on this news, Michael Balmuth, Chairman of Ross Stores, said, “Norman Ferber and our entire Board of Directors join me in congratulating George Orban and Barbara Rentler on their pending new Board leadership roles. We believe that their combined decades of in-depth business knowledge and experience at Ross are invaluable resources that will benefit our stockholders as they lead the Board and the Company.”
Mr. Balmuth continued, “We are also pleased to welcome Michael Hartshorn to our Board. Michael is a very talented executive with over 30 years of proven retail leadership experience, including more than two decades at Ross. He brings valuable strategic insights as well as his broadbased knowledge and operational and financial expertise.”
Mr. Balmuth concluded, “While Norman Ferber and I will no longer be serving as Board members after our current terms end in May, we remain passionate about Ross and enthusiastic about its future business opportunities. We look forward to staying actively involved in providing our counsel to the Board and the senior management team in our ongoing senior advisor positions.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI) Annonuces Laurie R. Beyer to Board
- Kohl's (KSS) and Investor Group Reach Agreement on Directors
- Novavax (NVAX) announces Gale E. Smith, Ph.D. promoted to Senior Vice President, Greg Covino to step down as CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!