Old Republic (ORI) names J. Eric Smith to board
- Wall Street ends volatile week higher as Fed officials ease bank fears
- Deutsche Bank shares plunge after spike in credit default swaps
- 6-week inflows to bonds? Biggest ever; 7-day inflows to cash? $142.9 billion; Policy panic now 'inevitable' - BofA's Hartnett
- World stocks gyrate as bank contagion fears bite
- Activision (ATVI) gains 5% as UK's CMA narrows concerns scope in Microsoft (MSFT) deal
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Old Republic International Corporation (NYSE: ORI) today announced J. Eric Smith (65) has joined its Board of Directors as of March 17, 2023. He has concurrently been appointed to the Board's Compensation and Governance and Nominating Committees, as well as to the Directorship of ORI's major regulated insurance company subsidiaries.
Prior to his retirement, Mr. Smith served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Swiss Re Americas and was a member of Swiss Re's Group Executive Committee. Further, he was previously President of USAA Life Insurance Co and President of Allstate Financial Services. In making the announcement, Spencer LeRoy, Chairman of the Board, noted "our Company will benefit greatly from J. Eric Smith's insurance, reinsurance, and executive management experience and we are most grateful and pleased with his acceptance to join us."
Including J. Eric Smith, ORI has added seven new, highly qualified individuals to ORI and its major regulated insurance company subsidiaries' Board of Directors in the last 5 years. In the same time frame, five Directors have departed from the Board. ORI continues to make significant progress to provide greater diversity of talents, profession, and other backgrounds to the Board.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Navios Maritime Partners (NMM) Announces Board Changes
- CN (CNI) Files Management Information Circular
- Exagen Inc (XGN) Announces Resignation of James L.L. Tullis from Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!