New York Community Bancorp (NYCB) Announces Change to Its Board Of Directors
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
The Board of Directors of New York Community Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE: NYCB) (the "Company") today named President and Chief Executive Officer, Thomas R. Cangemi to the additional role of Chairman of the Board of Directors of both the Company and New York Community Bank (the "Bank"), effective immediately.
Michael J. Levine is retiring as Non-Executive Chairman from both the Company and the Bank Boards for personal reasons. Mr. Levine has been a director for 17 years and has capably served the organization as a member of multiple committees, Chairman of the Risk Assessment Committee and the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee, and prior to being named Chairman, as the Board's Independent Presiding Director.
Commenting on the announcement, Hanif "Wally" Dahya, the Company's current Independent Presiding Director, stated, "On behalf of our Board of Directors, I wish to convey our sincere gratitude to Mike on his many years of service to the Company and for his insight and business acumen. The Board continues to have the utmost confidence in Tom and knows that he will continue to represent the best interests of the Company's shareholders, while carrying out its strategic goals and objectives."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Paya Holdings Inc. (PAYA) Announces Oni Chukwu to Board
- MiMedx Group (MDXG) Confirms Receipt of Director Nominations from Prescience Point Capital Management
- Caterpillar (CAT) Announces Board of Directors Changes