Methanex (MEOH) Appoints John Sampson to its Board
- S&P 500, Nasdaq notch biggest weekly losses since March
- S&P 500 could end the year over 10% higher from here - Piper Sandler
- Citi says Meta shares to rally in near term on share gains, upcoming AI event
- Ads are coming to Amazon Prime Video next year; Stock pops
- 'Sell the last rate hike' strategy is in action, stocks could fall further - BofA's Hartnett
Methanex Corporation (NASDAQ: MEOH) is pleased to announce the appointment of John Sampson, Senior Vice President, Operations, Manufacturing and Engineering at Dow Inc., to its Board of Directors effective October 1, 2023.
With a career spanning 40 years in the chemical and materials sector, Mr. Sampson brings a wealth of industry knowledge and business acumen. From 1996 to 2015, Mr. Sampson held a variety of increasingly senior management positions at Dow, including Vice President, Environment, Health & Safety and Manufacturing Vice President, Chemicals & Energy. In 2015, Mr. Sampson joined Olin Corp as Vice President, Operations and in 2019, he became Olin Corp’s Executive Vice President, Business Operations. Mr. Sampson returned to Dow in 2020 and in his current role as Senior Vice President, Operations, Manufacturing and Engineering he is accountable for the global Operations team consisting of more than 22,000 employees worldwide. He is also member of Dow’s Leadership Team, which is responsible for executing the Company’s strategy.
Mr. Sampson holds a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from Louisiana State University and also serves as Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of Sadara Chemical Company.
"John’s extensive expertise in chemical manufacturing and people leadership, along with his track record of driving safety performance and operational excellence, will be a valuable asset to our Board,” said Doug Arnell, Methanex’s Chair of the Board.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Raymond James Upgrades Methanex (MEOH) to Outperform as 'Methanol Finds Floor'
- Kiora Pharmaceuticals (KPRX) Announces Chairman Retirement
- TJX Cos. (TJX) Appoints Charles F. Wagner to its Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!